The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track: Mosport DDT - 1 Kink
Date: 07/29/2017
Best Time: 1:36.7xx
Source: will update when official via Ontario Time Attack

Track: Mosport DDT
Date: 07/30/2017
Best Time: 1:30.00x
Source: will update when official via Ontario Time Attack
Video of a one lap flyer!: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9fus30HF1YfS3o0ZG00OXNVeEU/view?ts=597ffaf4

Car: 2015 Mustang GT
Tires: Toyo R888r (295/30/19 - square)
Suspension: Steeda camber plates & Steeda rear camber bracket
Aero/Engine/weight reduction: Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
How did the GT350R get past noise restrictions? We had to put the quiet mufflers on our 458CH last the we were there, which costs ~40HP :(

It failed noise by over 3dB. Plus they move the microphone location, and do not disclose where it is, so short shifting only worked on day 1.

Ended up disconnecting the exhaust valves, as they default to closed. Fixed the noise, but you can't select Track mode with them disconnected. So net result is you have to run with Sport damper settings and obviously the car is down on power......

Haven't run DDT, but the organizers of the event were talking about splitting the day between DDT and the Main track in future. How do you rate DDT versus the main track?

They aren't really comparable. DDT is slow(good for learning) and the GP track is a world class circuit. I only live about an hour from Mosport so running the DDT offers a unqiue venue to the Time Attack series. Given how far you're traveling it woulld be a bit of waste to run a split day between the tracks. Our series runs a weekend on the GP track once a summer (back in June) where we host a school on Saturday and event on Sunday. I'd suggest it would be worth your time to come back next year for this and the pricing is pretty good as well.

time-attack.ca/

Track: Pitt Race
Date: 7/23/17
Best Time: 1:57.88

Source: G-tech Pro
2012 Boss 302
Tires: Pirelli 306/660 DH slicks
Tire pressures (hot): 36F/35R
Damper settings: 5f/5r

Comments: H&R Race springs, GT500 brakes with Gloc pads, WC splitter and steeda wing.

Track: Street of Willow (CW)
Date: 8/5/17
Best Time: 1:26.3
Car: 2017 GT350 bone stock

Source: AiM Solo
Tires: Michelin PSS (stock)
Tire pressures (hot): 36
Suspension: stock
Damper settings: "track"

comment: this was a 101F day. bone stock GT350. bought 1 week prior. still has original oil. stock PSS tire is good for 1 lap only. 2nd lap on, it is 1+ second slower. cooler weather would drop it by another 1.5 second easy. Car track nicely, only issue was high oil temp - 290F

@Bellwilliam how were your diff temps? Mine have been close to 270 on 100 degree days.

I wasn't sure. First time one track with the car, I was watching for oil temp. I didn't check for diff temp till after cool off lap and 5 minutes cruising around paddock. It was 230F by then. So it is possible diff temp was super high. I will check next time

Last edited:
Track: Street of Willow (CW)
Date: 8/5/17
Best Time: 1:23.96
Car: 2017 GT350 bone stock, with passenger, with RS4 tires on 6GR

Source: AiM Solo
Tires: RS4 (305 30) on 6GR
Tire pressures (hot): 36
Suspension: stock
Damper settings: "track"

comment: this was friend's car, was a 101F day. Same day as prior post. bone stock GT350. He bought 3 week prior. still has original oiL. He installed RS4 tires on 6GR wheels (0.5" wider) handles heat much better than PSS. it goes away after 3 laps. Had passenger. Car tracks nicely, only issue was again high oil temp - 290F

Yesterday at 10:07 PM
+ QuoteReply

Last edited:
Streets of Willow CW. About 1,000°, crikey. Later on William (Bellwilliam) did a 1:23.96 in my car on RS4's. We think the same setup would do high 1:21's in say, 55° weather. That's stupid fast for a stock car on this track.

Me chasing William. He was thinking about getting one but on the fence. At Sonoma I twisted his arm to drive mine (he was worried about scratching it!), he was convinced.
That's his Grabber Blue on PSS I'm chasing. His tires had gone off, my RS4's were then probably 3s a lap faster so I'm poking around trying to aim my car for good video.

Hey Florian. How did the tires feel?
Hi Rob,
Those were not yours. They were a set I bought earlier. They almost lasted the whole 3 days (~10 sessions). The fronts corded before the last sessions.

I had a hard time figuring out my hot pressure. It's hard to get an accurate reading due to the length it takes to go back to the pit.
I'll have to fine tune the car to get most out of them but initial impression is very good.

My second time at Sonoma Raceway and first time on 305-315 Sport Cup 2 tires. I ran a 1:57.7

I think my personal best last year on the MPSS was somewhere around 2:09

Still trying to get a video of the lap. Hopefully within the next few days. My computer has been crashing like crazy trying to process it.

Massive improvement! particularly for only your second time at Sonoma

Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors