The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Updated!

Black Boss--got any video of Grattan? I've only run it in my E36M (best time was 1:31.206).

AZBoss--was your 100 on a different course configuration than your 113, or did you get alot ofaster?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cosm3os said:
Updated!

Black Boss--got any video of Grattan? I've only run it in my E36M (best time was 1:31.206).

AZBoss--was your 100 on a different course configuration than your 113, or did you get alot ofaster?

Different course--there are four separate courses on that site!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks , have had alot of friends run at Gratten , but have never really viewed a video, so thanks for posting. Was able to figure where a buddy went flying off backwards in his Viper years ago by his description and watching your filming. I could see why everyone told him later, "Man you gotta slow down there some, " ha!

Ah, the Jump! I was curious how a Boss took it. In my M3, I could run it without lifting (til the tires come off the ground) and then hammer the brakes when the car lands. Also learned never to lift when the rear is light--got loose coming out of the right leading down hill to the jump. Thought I had it and lifted so as to take it easy over the jump. Rear snapped around on my and we went sideways off the jump.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
It's a great track!! Part of the reason that I went with Stiffer springs was the jump -- Running Stock the Trans scoop would bottom out under brake dive after the jump. Fixed that, now I need to see how far I can leave he braking. Half the sessions were wet, so I need a bit more time to dial it in......

Also, all the rest rooms have been updated, including showers!!

I'd love to get up there again! Last time I was there in my E36, a cornerworker came up to me and shoulted, "You are late braking the shiznit out of that corner!" referring to T5 after the Jump. That track was made for a fantastic chassis with 250 hp!

This thread is now a sticky. Keep those lap times coming.

Tulsa, OK
1:25.249 at Hallett CCW, about .4 seconds faster than my previous best. Transponder only picked up morning sessions :-\

[youtube]http://youtu.be/AZNSxizZhTI[/youtube]

1:28.3 at Hallett CCW. 1:27.48 CW. Trying to learn from roadhouse. Transponder prolly broke after one of your off road adventures! LOL

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

roadhouse said:
1:25.249 at Hallett CCW, about .4 seconds faster than my previous best. Transponder only picked up morning sessions :-\

[youtube]http://youtu.be/AZNSxizZhTI[/youtube]

Nice time. Are you going to be there for the NASA event?

TMO Supporting Vendors