The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
smittytx said:
Nice time. Are you going to be there for the NASA event?

Thanks. I was really hoping to make it out but it's just not going to work out for me this year :'( Good luck to you and John out there! Hope it's not too hot...

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
2:09 at VIR this weekend at the SVT Superfest…Eibach Sportline springs, Hawk DTC 60 pads, and Continental tires. Blew a seal on the driver side axle tube in the process :( There's always something.

Special thanks to Gary for recommending the pads. Those things are amazing!!! Brakes never faded and I had zero brake shudder. The hotter they got the better they got.

Thanks HackBoss302! Do you have gps data from your last sessions there? If so, upload your laps to serious-racing.com and send me a friend request so we can compare.

Using it I just figured out, after I got home, that I could have gone 10 mph faster over the hill on the 1.3 section... which would have bought me about 0.8 seconds per lap.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
2:10 at VIR this weekend.
305 conti's, koni yellow/h&r race, xp12/10, no functioning 5th gear.

Adam, good to meet ya and thanks for the sledge hammer loaner. Couldn't find you to return it, so pm me your address and I will ship it back to you.

Bob said:
Thanks HackBoss302! Do you have gps data from your last sessions there? If so, upload your laps to serious-racing.com and send me a friend request so we can compare.

Using it I just figured out, after I got home, that I could have gone 10 mph faster over the hill on the 1.3 section... which would have bought me about 0.8 seconds per lap.
Thanks for the info Bob. I upgraded my phone so all the GPS data is lost. Maybe next time.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
pufferfish said:
2:10 at VIR this weekend.
305 conti's, koni yellow/h&r race, xp12/10, no functioning 5th gear.

Adam, good to meet ya and thanks for the sledge hammer loaner. Couldn't find you to return it, so pm me your address and I will ship it back to you.

I had the Blowfish mobile at 2:09.89 on the iPhone stop watch so 2:10 is spot on.

Best I got at VIR this weekend was a 2:14.79, backed up by a 2:15.03. Conti 285/305 slicks + all the sig mods.
Steve

Black Boss said:
This was with Contis not R Comps. Sorry!
The tires made that much of a difference?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ran a 1:31.218 on the 2.2 mile course at Heartland Park Topeka this past weekend. Continentals work good here for a the first few laps , but they appear to go away reasonably quickly ( say after about 4 laps ), likely not just the tires , but also abrasive nature of the track. Overall, pleased with the time, since had not run here for six years and that was in a Spec Miata. Pretty wild to get into 5th gear two times on the course --- fast and fun!! Felt pretty good, as was running faster than all the A1 Cars.

Ran VIR Full course this past Satuday; first time on the track ran in the novice class. Last session ran consistent 2:28, 2:27, 2:26, 2:26 frustration was traffic I'm sure it cost me time. Now addicted to this track already trying to string together next October 2 days with the Audi guys and 2 days with Trackdaze. I see a new trailer in my future to haul enough stuff.

Side note, not that we all don't already know it but Ford nailed this car. Road trip just shy of 1400 miles there track the crap out of the car and give it a quick once over and just drove it back home. So 11 days and 3000 plus miles and not hick up.

LS
P Springs
Pagid Pads
Castrol CRF Fluid
Stock Rotors (new)
Brake Ducks
Pilot Super Sports II
Tiger Hood

It was nice meeting a few forum members the weekend before at the SVT event.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel