The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea you seemed to be busy so I left you alone. I wanted to do a day at lime rock next 100 % stock before I start playing with the car. I have a lot of laps there and think on a good day she will run in the 104 maybe a 103 if everything is right. I think the tire is holding the car back. What tires are you running? Pick a Lime rock day and I will meet you there.
Matt

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
mustangmatt said:
Yea you seemed to be busy so I left you alone. I wanted to do a day at lime rock next 100 % stock before I start playing with the car. I have a lot of laps there and think on a good day she will run in the 104 maybe a 103 if everything is right. I think the tire is holding the car back. What tires are you running? Pick a Lime rock day and I will meet you there.
Matt

Yeah I was running around quite a bit that morning. Sorry I didn't catch you again.

I am still toying with the idea of going to LRP this coming Wednesday with NASA.

I'm running Sumitomo HTR Z III tires - they are not particularly sticky, but they last forever at the track. 4 days so far and hardly any signs of wear. But I need some stickies. I pulled a 1.04.xx with them last time I was out, which I was pleased with. Very curious what I can get down to with some R Comps

Let me know if you're looking at a particular LRP day too

Road America 2:33.12 which is a 3.5 second improvement over my previous personal best. I'm starting to learn the track a little better. Hoping for a 2:32 today if things go well.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
Road America 2:30.88 two separate laps one lap apart. Crazy that it was identical lap times. Had at least two passes each lap so should be some good video.

I was at RA with Gary and what impressed me was how consistent his times were. Not only was he setting PBs each time out, but his lap times were all very consistent despite traffic, although very fast traffic being he was in the race group. Gary - be sure to post up the vid of a couple of these laps.

LS110 said:
I was at RA with Gary and what impressed me was how consistent his times were. Not only was he setting PBs each time out, but his lap times were all very consistent despite traffic, although very fast traffic being he was in the race group. Gary - be sure to post up the vid of a couple of these laps.
Thanks John. Talk about impressive though....for your first trip to RA putting down a 2:36 is VERY impressive. I will work on some video tonight. I was able to put together a 10 minute one last night that is ready for upload but it takes forever to convert them. It's got a pretty good flavor for what much of the weekend was like. Oh and it includes going toe to toe with a couple P cars and Z06s that Rick will like to see I'm sure. One of the P cars was a 997 GT3, but the race car I'm not sure. I assume it was a 997 GT3 that was then built by Fall-Line Motorsports into a race car. but maybe it was a Cup car. I have about 3 hours of video to wade through so there is some fun stuff in there including a 996 GT3RS and a NASCAR among others. Honestly I'm not sure what some of them were as many were not even street car platforms.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to agree with Gary, a 2:36 lap time the first time there is exceptional -- please commence patting yourself on the back!! That is really an accomplishment and you should be stoked!?!?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel