The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
The best part about "Yeah baby!" was that it was for the 2:39.30 that I ran the lap before. The 2:36 was awesome, backed it up with a 2:36.78 the next lap that I caught traffic in 12/13/14 complex. Well next time.
Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear I am not the only one yelling in my car when I run a PB ;D

LS110 said:
Glad to hear I am not the only one yelling in my car when I run a PB ;D
That's hilarious. I was going to say the same thing. I'm usually pretty quiet in the car, even when things go all to heck, but I got pretty excited on Friday at RA when I hit the goal I didn't think I'd make until I got into the GT350. I'll post up the video in a few minutes.

Road America 6/19/15 on the stock brakes, P springs and dampers, stock airbox and intake with some takeoff Pirelli 305/660/18 & 315/680/18 slicks. My goal has long been to breakout below 2:30, but I didn't know if I'd get there without a brake or coilover upgrade.....or until I switch to the GT350. I hit 2:29.46 last Friday and got pretty excited. The video includes the prior lap at 2:30.76 where I got stuck behind a Vette coming out of Canada corner. I was actually on pace to run an even faster lap but couldn't get around him until the Billy Mitchell bridge.

20150619_103157_zpshcc6pb9b.jpg

Here's the vid. My data acquisition system is in my rear end, and it doesn't support video, so it isn't as fancy as Steve's. :)

https://youtu.be/FMh28Jbin78

cloud9 said:
Road America 6/19/15 on the stock brakes, P springs and dampers, stock airbox and intake with some takeoff Pirelli 305/660/18 & 315/680/18 slicks. My goal has long been to breakout below 2:30, but I didn't know if I'd get there without a brake or coilover upgrade.....or until I switch to the GT350. I hit 2:29.46 last Friday and got pretty excited. The video includes the prior lap at 2:30.76 where I got stuck behind a Vette coming out of Canada corner. I was actually on pace to run an even faster lap but couldn't get around him until the Billy Mitchell bridge.

20150619_103157_zpshcc6pb9b.jpg

Here's the vid. My data acquisition system is in my rear end, and it doesn't support video, so it isn't as fancy as Steve's. :)

https://youtu.be/FMh28Jbin78

Wow, that is blistering fast Gary, and you did that with traffic in T12. Even in the vid it looks very fast, especially after the kink with the narrow trees. I especially like the holler at the end. Ya gotta do something with all that adrenaline.

LS110 said:
Wow, that is blistering fast Gary, and you did that with traffic in T12. Even in the vid it looks very fast, especially after the kink with the narrow trees. I especially like the holler at the end. Ya gotta do something with all that adrenaline.
Frighteningly it reminded me of this :-[

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHt2GA12qU4&feature=player_embedded

LS110 said:
You're right there and probably would have made it given better weather conditions on Sunday. It just got too hot I think. There's a sub-2:30 in your near future.

Not up to Mike"s pace yet but a new PB for me at Watkins Glen 2:13.46. Stock suspension, Carbotech XP24/12's on Conti GTI 305/660/18's

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=2I7BTHmCOxA

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Watkins Glen short course (NASCAR layout): 1.27.5
2014 GT TP, suspension, conti scrubs, raybestos st47/st43 pads

DMichaels said:
Watkins Glen short course (NASCAR layout): 1.27.5
2014 GT TP, suspension, conti scrubs, raybestos st47/st43 pads

Any vids DMichaels?!

I ran a PB of 1:27.33 at Summit Point Main this past weekend... while battling alot of mid-corner understeer.
Summit Point Main: 1:27.33
2013 BOSS, stock shocks, MM CC plates, Cortex WL, 275/40/18 NT01's, and Carbotech XP24/10

As for the video, I placed the external mic in the engine bay this time (behind the driver side shock tower) and it sounds meh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnBTzkflheI

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Videos from Watkins Glen short course. Again, no idea of this is any good, first time I've run the short course...

http://youtu.be/_fFiF9aOGTM

Went to Summit Point Main this past weekend with PCA, set a new personal best 1:26.48

Stock shocks and sway bars, MM cc plates, Cortex wattslink, and square NT01 275/40/18's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehmvQlD5SWg

Black Boss said:
Ran Road America for the first time in the Boss, Monday: 2:34.8. Very different lap to the Shelby. Only got 2.5 sessions in due to Meatball from Transmission issues. Will post video and impressions of Boss versus Shelby and video, later.

Nice lap time Nick! Guessing conditions were great as they were for me at BIR on Monday. It will be interesting to hear your comparison on the two cars.

Went to Palmer motorsports park yesterday. What a great track. Tried a set of conti scrubs not sure If I like them yet but loved the price. They slide a lot but controllable. lap times were slightly slower than the R6. Had more confidence on the Hoosier R6. Hooked up with Derek did a little cat and mouse for a couple laps. He was about a second quicker than me. He made a lot of time up in the brake zones so I guess I should take off the stock pads when I go to the track. Installed the new mgw race spec shifter a couple weeks ago and haven't missed a shift since. Stock boss Conti scrubs 1:53.77

Matt

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
mustangmatt said:
Went to Palmer motorsports park yesterday. What a great track. Tried a set of conti scrubs not sure If I like them yet but loved the price. They slide a lot but controllable. lap times were slightly slower than the R6. Had more confidence on the Hoosier R6. Hooked up with Derek did a little cat and mouse for a couple laps. He was about a second quicker than me. He made a lot of time up in the brake zones so I guess I should take off the stock pads when I go to the track. Installed the new mgw race spec shifter a couple weeks ago and haven't missed a shift since. Stock boss Conti scrubs 1:53.77

Matt

T'was a very fun day. Good catchimg up again Matt and nice driving as always. I'll get the video online soon. Best lap I managed was 1.51.9 on the Contis. Bunch of 1.52's last session. Good watching your like tho. I have spots to improve... Now to get my tires to last. Alignment coming soon

TMO Supporting Vendors