The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

latest build date

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
Got this email from my dealer today...things might be moving along faster than I expected...which is fine. We'll see.

"Hi,
The system is showing a material hold on the Boss 302 orders but yours is the next from us to be built. I’ll let you know as soon as we see movement."
I thought you had a Q4 build?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:

I thought so too...maybe their Q2/Q3 guys dropped out? Or maybe I totally misunderstood and they don't have any Q2 or Q3 allocations...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
ArizonaGT said:
5 DOT 0 said:

I thought so too...maybe their Q2/Q3 guys dropped out? Or maybe I totally misunderstood and they don't have any Q2 or Q3 allocations...

From what the dealer is saying, they had 2 additional LSes that were supposed to come Q2/Q3, that Ford revoked the allocation for those or something.
He specifically said there are no Bosses in front of me from their dealer.
They already took delivery of 2 LSes and 1 street Boss last month.
All I can do is continue to wait until I get a VIN...but it would be nice to get it ahead-of-schedule :)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
BossJockey said:
Big Vito said:
Latest build date is April 14th with an ETA April 27th, what are the chances it gets here by then? :)

My took 2 weeks and 2 days from build date to delivery and I think that’s quicker than average. It arrived 4 days after the ETA date.

Built 3/22/11, Boss #315

13 too late..... ;)

2012 Boss racer

ufnavy06 said:
BossJockey said:
Big Vito said:
Latest build date is April 14th with an ETA April 27th, what are the chances it gets here by then? :)

My took 2 weeks and 2 days from build date to delivery and I think that’s quicker than average. It arrived 4 days after the ETA date.

Built 3/22/11, Boss #315

13 too late..... ;)

I know what you mean. I got car #290. twelve ahead! It would be awesome to have car #302, but I guess I can't complain!

My car was scheduled to be built march 11, but that was the week of the fire at the plant so it was not completed until the following week. I took delivery of the car on April 1. So mine took about two weeks to get delivered.....and yes definitely worth the wait.

My dealer told me my car build date is scheduled for next week (4/18), I checked today and my Window Sticker was available finally!!! I've been checking on the window sticker for about 3 weeks!

VIN 1ZVBP8CU3C5215734
Comp Orange
Recaro/Torsen
Boss Pkg/Car cover

So shouldn't be long now, right???

I'm paying MSRP from a dealer in Jacksonville NC, he said they were allocated 4, not sure if any were LS and what else they have coming, mine was their 1st.

kbush02 said:
My dealer told me my car build date is scheduled for next week (4/18), I checked today and my Window Sticker was available finally!!! I've been checking on the window sticker for about 3 weeks!

VIN 1ZVBP8CU3C5215734
Comp Orange
Recaro/Torsen
Boss Pkg/Car cover

So shouldn't be long now, right???

I'm paying MSRP from a dealer in Jacksonville NC, he said they were allocated 4, not sure if any were LS and what else they have coming, mine was their 1st.
Congrats! Good to see cars being built again!

BossJockey said:
Big Vito said:
Ramp51 limbo

You jinks yourself in post #3. ;)

FYI, my VVS never updated after March 25th. (two days after she was built) and show up at the dealer two weeks later.
Thanks for the info :) hopefully it arrives next week. How far from the plant are you?

Ramp 5P Awaiting shipment, I wonder if it gets loaded today do the trains run on good Friday? And what about Sunday?

Gary,

Mine was originally supposed to be built 3 weeks after yours, but all the delays pushed it back. And now sits in Chicago waiting gor a truck. As for patience it's learned from previous lessons. :) Soon enough I will be enjoying the best car I ever owned :)

TMO Supporting Vendors