The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Lawsuit thrown out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
So a minor driving crosses a centerline and fatally striked another car head-on, but Ford was 99% liable due to the design of their brake fluid reservoir....I literally couldn't make up that result if you paid me to.
To me it seems like the minor that caused the accident had either no insurance or minimal liability. That is all that needs to be paid out of the offender, in today’s world you can only sue up to policy limits. The gal that perished probably didn’t have adequate insurance that could be used to sue her own company.
So the lawyers were/are looking for the biggest pot to dip into. From their “findings” they determined Ford was at fault because of a connect the dots to the brake fluid causing the fire from a reservoir.
In hindsight, protect yourself & your family and have adequate auto insurance with under / non insured rider and an umbrella policy.

To me it seems like the minor that caused the accident had either no insurance or minimal liability. That is all that needs to be paid out of the offender, in today’s world you can only sue up to policy limits. The gal that perished probably didn’t have adequate insurance that could be used to sue her own company.
So the lawyers were/are looking for the biggest pot to dip into. From their “findings” they determined Ford was at fault because of a connect the dots to the brake fluid causing the fire from a reservoir.
In hindsight, protect yourself & your family and have adequate auto insurance with under / non insured rider and an umbrella policy.
Totally agree. That's surely almost exactly what happened and I'm sure the family would have only received a small portion of that if it had been paid out.

TMO Supporting Vendors