The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MagneRide Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know if the track setting on the GT 350 will be better for track use than an after market set up? I have never driven a self adjusting suspension but know some other manufacturers run them. My hopes would be that the Track Pack option would solve all pre track issues except for belts, pads, and brake fluids?

The suspension is a great setup for both street and track and I think that's where it distinguishes itself from a single purpose setup. I won't be as good for the track as the Multimatic DSSV dampers on the GT350R-C but they work well. I rode in an R and then drove a track pack and rode in one at Track Tour all at Laguna Seca and both cars felt buttoned down and way better than our Bosses stock. It's going to be a nice step up. Other than safety equipment the only mods I plan on for track use are pads, tires/wheels, camber plates and I'm hoping my Auto-BLiP works. I'm sure CorteX will have some nice suspension tweaks eventually but I'll try and not go too far down that rabbit hole. ::)

@Moto
@cloud9

Wow thanks. I wish I had seen these in person. How are the seats? Also how did the Acceleration/Torque feel compared to the Boss? Was 8s long enough for the overall or did you feel it shut down?

The 8 second time above a certain RPM has already been proven to be inaccurate.

The car pulls hard and is definitely faster than the Boss. No big surprise there but it just screams above 6,000 RPM's. ;D A lot has been said about how great the car sounds and it's louder than the Boss. I prefer to describe them as sounding different. I think the GT350 will sound better on track at high RPM's but I think the Boss is going to sound better driving around town. I love the snap crackle pop with TK and wide open side pipes and I don't think you're going to get as much of that with the GT350.

The Recaro seats are based on the ones in our Bossses with the big difference being the bolsters are bigger everywhere. That makes the seats fit a bit tighter. I liked them and they should hold you in place on track better than the current seats. If you're a tight fit on the existing seats it will be a tighter fit in the GT350.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel