The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Hello everyone.
MY Name is Jason, just turned 44 and I live just south of Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. I have had a few Mustangs in the past, including my race red, 2013, Boss 302 #445, I did however, sell that unfortunately. I currently own a 2013 silver GT/CS.
I have dropped a few bucks into making it a more of a track focused car that I can
still drive on the street. Current mods include:
- Wilwood Big Aero6 front brake kit
- Top of the line Ford Performance shocks/handeling pack
- Driveshaft shop aluminum driveshaft
- Boss 302 Torsen rear diff
- Borla "off road, catless" exhaust with h-pipe
- Royal Purple everything... and more I am sure as well, just drawing a blank...

I have tracked my car a various tracks across the country. I have been to BlackHawk Farms, Brainard International, Time attack series, the Optima batteries search for the ultimate street car last year and I am heading out to Sebring International end of September for the HOD event. Next year, I plan on hitting both Road Atlanta as well as VIR, I am a BIG fan or trying new tracks out and not hitting the same one or two over and over again like a lot of people. Sometimes, I have to tow the car a good 10 hours oneway, but it always seems worth it! So please let me know if any of you plan a track day at Road ATL or VIR next year maybe we can meet up.

Outside of going fast on cool tracks I enjoy wakeboarding, NHL hockey, going to rock/metal concerts and eating Mexican and sea food.View attachment 1845View attachment 1846
I have 3 boys- ages 12 - 19, 2 of those 3 share my love for Mustangs and speed, I'll take it- lol.

If any of you plan on heading out here (Myrtle Beach) for Mustang week next month let me know that as well.

Thanks! and I will enjoy learning from all the experience in this group.
Cheers - Jason
Welcome Jason!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Welcome! Love the Roush, but love the s550 too!

Welcome to TMO. I like the Roush!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hey Brian....!
giphy.gif

Hey guys... I have been somewhat active on the FaceBook group for a few weeks. It's fun to gab, for sure, but I wanted to formally introduce myself here.

I am a husband, dad and grandpa. I love my family tremendously... I have been very blessed. I am a computer scientist by trade, but in another life I was an FCC licensed electronics engineer with a ship/shore radar endorsement. I currently specialize in designing IT solutions for the DOD and federal law enforcement. Its a pretty good time.

I have a pretty nice collection of toys, including 15 various firearms, a 2016 Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock I go wheeling with, and a hell of a collection of other cars. I currently have a 2017 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Mustang GTCS, 2016 Mustang GT350 Tech, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, and my son and I started restoring a 1991 Chevy K5 1500 Silverado.

I've spent decades drag racing, but gave it up a few years ago. I am new to road course, started participating in HPDE's and private track rentals about 1.5 years ago. I have really been enjoying it and hope to learn from everyone here... about technique, reliable parts/mods, and hopefully share some memories with anyone I have the pleasure of hitting the track with.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Hey guys... I have been somewhat active on the FaceBook group for a few weeks. It's fun to gab, for sure, but I wanted to formally introduce myself here.

I am a husband, dad and grandpa. I love my family tremendously... I have been very blessed. I am a computer scientist by trade, but in another life I was an FCC licensed electronics engineer with a ship/shore radar endorsement. I currently specialize in designing IT solutions for the DOD and federal law enforcement. Its a pretty good time.

I have a pretty nice collection of toys, including 15 various firearms, a 2016 Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock I go wheeling with, and a hell of a collection of other cars. I currently have a 2017 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Mustang GTCS, 2016 Mustang GT350 Tech, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, and my son and I started restoring a 1991 Chevy K5 1500 Silverado.

I've spent decades drag racing, but gave it up a few years ago. I am new to road course, started participating in HPDE's and private track rentals about 1.5 years ago. I have really been enjoying it and hope to learn from everyone here... about technique, reliable parts/mods, and hopefully share some memories with anyone I have the pleasure of hitting the track with.

Welcome @MarcSpaz

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
So please let me know if any of you plan a track day at Road ATL or VIR next year maybe we can meet up.

Outside of going fast on cool tracks I enjoy wakeboarding, NHL hockey, going to rock/metal concerts and eating Mexican and sea food

Jason,
I'm in High Point, NC, and there is a core group of guys on here that frequent VIR. Look up next year's SVT Superfest at a minimum if you want maximum Mustang exposure. Tarheel Sports Car Club has been running an event in late winter that included VIR Grand for a day. That's on my bucket list.

I'm totally on board with your hobbies!!

Danny

9719.jpeg I'm normally not a forum goer but after lurking for a week I thought I'd give it a try.
I've been an instructor since fall of 2004 at VIR, Road Atlanta, CMP, Roebling Road, Rockingham when NASA went there. Fast forward many years now I live in Oklahoma and am working on my instructorship at Hallett.

My car is a brand new '17 PP GT.
I don't have big plans as this is my also my DD and kid hauler.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big Black

Good, fast<del>, and cheap</del>
Ooops, I posted this in the "General Discussion Forum", sorry...

"Hey, I have an S197 and have gotten into some limited instruction low-priced track days over the past couple of years. I want to upgrade a little and learn. Anyway, I'll be on here regularly, especially for the time being in the classifieds. Hello!"

TMO Supporting Vendors