The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: New Introductions

Might as well do this too. My name.is john i live in macon ga. I am 19 and am currently a student at UGA. I bought this mustang as my daily driver. My dad has a 2010 gt500. I also still have my first car it is a.2006 mazda rx8. It was a great car just not enough power. I also have a 65 mustang i am currently restoring. I just started on it and since im a college all i do is study and work on mycars. I plan to mod my boss extensively over the course of.me.having it. I dont plan to race it on the track so much as taking it to car shows and dominating stupid civics, ss, and mopar owners on the highway. I have had thid.car.for about 2 months and have 3000 miles.on it and i absolutely lovvvee it. I find myself making up reasons to drive it. Ill keep you guys updated on mt boss and on my 65 if you guys want to see.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY

Hello I am Mike from Long Island, I just purchased '13 #1548 in SBY ... I also Have a 1972 Gran Torino Sport Sportsroof with a 460 and c6 , a 1967 Mustang GT Fastback 289 4spd and a 1973 Cougar, see a ford theme here?

Like watches, Gadgets and Skiing as well. I work in computers for Hedgefunds in good old NYC

Good Evening:

New guy dropping in to say "HI" and extend greetings from The Gateway To The West (St. Louis).

I gre up in the back of a 1967 convertible, V8 Mustang. Needless to say they are stll near and dear to my heart. Avid track rat. Hope I can be of some use around here.

Happy Motoring!

Feff

Re: Member Introductions

New member - 2013 Boss 302 PW Recaros - #2189 (#384 PW)

Hi to everyone, thanks for all the great input I've read so far! Here's my take on the Boss 302

Been a Chevy dude most of my days, however, I bought a '10 GT and liked it, then traded in on a '11 GT and loved that, now I've traded up to the 13 'Boss. This thing is fantastic...steering, brakes, handling, the seats, the shifter, and...that freakin' engine. I took the baffle plates out of the side exhaust on day 1, they'll never go back on. The sound of the engine at 7400 RPM is pure aural candy. Did Ford build this? Is this an American car? If so, gimme more like this one. Fantastic car...and I've not programmed the red key yet...

I'll add some pics soon!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Welcome to BMO! All the fun is just getting started for you with the Boss! Its amazing how much emotion almost all of us feel when we get to see what these cars are all about. I can promise you it doesn't get old, lots of us including myself have had our cars for over a year and its like being 18 and meeting your best girlfriend for the first time over and over ;D Looking forward to your pics. Do you plan to mod and/or track your Boss?

My name is Jeff, from Macon GA also, married with one child (girl) and i spend more money on her car then i do mine,lol! ( honda civic) my DD is a 2003 Toyota Tacoma which I would not get ride of for nothing. I own my own business, enjoy working out with the iron, and working on the car when I have time. I have always been into cars, my dad was a GM mechanic for 30 years before he passed away, so I have had my fair share of cars ( 08 trailblazer SS, 03 cobra, 03 lighting, 01 cobra, 01 GT, 98 cobra, 3 fox body cars, 70 camaro SS, 2 70 model Novas, and a bunch of DD cars that were not hot rods, but the best mustang I've had is my 2013 Boss (GHIG) Ford did a great job on this car. So Hello to everyone, and I look forward to some great conversation.

PeteInCT

Connecticut

Welcome Jeff ! I'm jealous of your location - my ride is call packed up for the winter up here in CT . Have Battery Tender, will travel ;D

Member Introductions

PeteInCT said:
Welcome Jeff ! I'm jealous of your location - my ride is call packed up for the winter up here in CT . Have Battery Tender, will travel ;D

Yea, winter is a good time for us to drive our cars, no snow(it's very rare) not to cold( a chilly 46 right now), and I hate it. But it does get hot and humid in the summer, and your car feels like it heat soak all the time, lol! Even without it being SC'ed. :)

Member Introductions

jfolsom28 said:
Might as well do this too. My name.is john i live in macon ga. I am 19 and am currently a student at UGA. I bought this mustang as my daily driver. My dad has a 2010 gt500. I also still have my first car it is a.2006 mazda rx8. It was a great car just not enough power. I also have a 65 mustang i am currently restoring. I just started on it and since im a college all i do is study and work on mycars. I plan to mod my boss extensively over the course of.me.having it. I dont plan to race it on the track so much as taking it to car shows and dominating stupid civics, ss, and mopar owners on the highway. I have had thid.car.for about 2 months and have 3000 miles.on it and i absolutely lovvvee it. I find myself making up reasons to drive it. Ill keep you guys updated on mt boss and on my 65 if you guys want to see.

Hey John, where do live,And what color Boss do you have? My brother has a red GT500 and said some young guy driving a GHIG tried him out on the interstate a week or so ago, he said it was a bad mistake for him. If it was you, next time go from a dig, his car is a Beast, just spins for days without some good tires. This is a pic of our cars together, the GT is getting twin turbos next week.yrebutuv.jpg

Hello from the stable…

Let’s see, these usually start with “My name is _____, I’ve been visiting/lurking on this site forever and I have a Mustang ‘problem.’” Here goes.

I have GREATLY enjoyed reading the huge variety of contributions, tales of success (AND woe) in the garage, on the street or at the track and all of your great personal insights about these awesome cars. I loved cars as soon as I could push a Matchbox car across the kitchen floor. My Mustang problem began when my dad had to literally pull me away from on of the stanchions holding a rope around a ’65 Shelby G.T.350 at a World of Wheels show in Phoenix in the mid ‘80s. I also still fondly remember my uncle squealing the tires on his new ’88 GT hatchback every time he and my aunt left our house in Scottsdale.

Fast forward a few years and in his infinite wisdom, my dad thought a classic Mustang restoration would make a great father/son bonding opportunity when I became a teenager. He was certainly right as we spent the better part of four years restoring a ’65 K-code GT fastback (the closest alternative to that Wimbledon White ’65 G.T.350 and when we first got it home, the farthest thing from it as well since it was only a rolling shell…). Those are, to this day, some of my fondest memories that I have. I drove that fastback every day during my senior year of high school and first two years of college before we ‘retired’ the car. My dad is now claiming ownership, but I keep reminding him that the car was purchased and restored for ME…. We’re now in the process of slowly turning it into an MCA Concours competitor.

After enjoying a used but solid (and stock) bright red 1993 GT hatchback for 4.5 years and nearly 70K miles, I sold it in 2001. However, just before I sold the ’93, I was able to buy my first brand new Mustang in the form of a 2001 BULLITT. I first dipped my toe in the open track/HPDE pond a few years later by participating in track events at Barber Motorsports Park for the Mustang Club of America’s 30th Anniversary and the Mustang 45th Anniversary shows in 2006 and 2009, respectively. After getting point-bys each session from some rather upset gentlemen driving supercharged Saleen and Steeda Mustang GTs, Mustang Cobras, Shelby GTs and GT500s with twice the horsepower of my ’01 BULLITT’s stock engine, I was hooked!!!

Over the last 10 years, I’ve been privileged to have maintained and driven nearly all varieties of the 2003 & newer performance Mustangs on some of the best roads and tracks in the country including the Pacific Coast Highway, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Road America, Moroso Motorsports Park (now Palm Beach International Raceway) and many points in between, racking up hundreds (thousands?) of miles behind their steering wheels. Every time I’d get close to signing on the dotted line for my own version at the local dealer, I’d learn about the next special edition…. By the time the 5.0L returned on the 2011s, I knew the Boss had to make a comeback and my suspicions were soon confirmed. This time, I didn’t care about the next special edition!

I was fortunate to be able to order and buy one of the Yellow Blaze 2012s before the color was discontinued. Work prevented me from putting as many miles on the new Boss as I would’ve liked during my first year of ownership, but Track Attack was AWESOME and the event at MPH was PHENOMENAL -- I plan on returning this year. I’ve had the great privilege of meeting a few of you at various events over the last year as well - Chris (PTRocks) at Track Attack last May, Gary (cloud9), John (JSCHEIER), Dean (Dean#4AI) and Bill (Bill Pemberton) at the Mustang Gathering at MPH last September and I’m sure more than a few others that I’m unintentionally forgetting…

My dad was so impressed with the 2012s after riding in one of the school Bosses at Miller during my Track Attack class that he decided he had to have one. Since he always preferred the ’70 Boss 302 graphics, he ordered a ’13 last spring and took delivery of his School Bus Yellow Laguna Seca this past October. He will be attending Track Attack in early April and I plan to join him for a refresher.

My car is currently spending the winter next to his ’13 Laguna, both tucked into his shop down south. We’re looking forward to the upcoming Track Guys event at Barber Motorsports Park next month and I’m also hoping we make the Music City Mustang Club’s event at Atlanta Motorsports Park in May before I bring my car back up to Michigan. I’m trying to get him to Nebraska for MPH III this September. I have a feeling he’ll soon be hooked on this Boss stuff as well. Maybe we’ll look for a lightly used Boss 302S at that point…

My name is _____, welcome to BMO. That's a great story and thanks for sharing. Enjoy the ride!

PeteInCT

Connecticut

Hello underscores, nice to meet ya! What are the changes of you guys BOTH having the same very unique name ? ;D

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything

Changes, chances, underscores, feels like a Monday but I know it's Wednesday. :eek:

Hi Guys!

I have been lurking here for a couple weeks now, thought I'd say hello. My name is Rachel (49),yes I'm a female Mustang nut, I live in Mass. and just traded in my 2010 Kona Blue GT for this 2012 CO Boss. Lets just say I am more than happy and haven't stopped smiling yet.

From reading this forum I have discovered that my car belonged to another member here before me. It had 3300 miles on it, a Tiger Racing fiberglass hood, LS spoiler already installed and an MGW shifter in the trunk still in the box waiting to be installed, when it gets warmer out. In the week or so I have had it I removed the sound tube and bought some Lloyd mats...just getting started!

Cheers, Rachel :)

Sesshomurai

Congrats on the car Rachel. Sounds awesome!

And welcome to BMO!

CO2868 said:
Hi Guys!

I have been lurking here for a couple weeks now, thought I'd say hello. My name is Rachel (49),yes I'm a female Mustang nut, I live in Mass. and just traded in my 2010 Kona Blue GT for this 2012 CO Boss. Lets just say I am more than happy and haven't stopped smiling yet.

From reading this forum I have discovered that my car belonged to another member here before me. It had 3300 miles on it, a Tiger Racing fiberglass hood, LS spoiler already installed and an MGW shifter in the trunk still in the box waiting to be installed, when it gets warmer out. In the week or so I have had it I removed the sound tube and bought some Lloyd mats...just getting started!

Rachel, welcome to BMO and it's nice to see a women enjoying a Boss 302. We have a couple of other female members so you are not alone.

PeteInCT

Connecticut

Welcome Rachael. Nit too many of us here in the northeast. Do you track your car ? A number of us get togetherrregularly at LimeRock.

CO2868 said:
Hi Guys!

Welcome and best of luck with your new Boss!

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

Welcome Rachel!

Don't know how many ladies visit and post on BMO, but the more, the better for everyone.

Good luck and many happy miles in your new (to you) Boss!

TMO Supporting Vendors