The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S Tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like the awesome Michelin PSS is going to have a replacement and the launch sizes include fitment for both the Boss 302 and GT350. I ran the PSS on my Boss and now on my GT350 and they are a fantastic all around tire but could use a bit more grip for track work. The initial word is they will be stickier on track so that's good news. Read about them at the link below.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-S-Press-Release.htm

Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-press-release.jpg

19" PS4S Launch Sizes

225/35 ZR19 88 (Y) XL

225/40 ZR19 93 (Y) XL

225/45 ZR19 96 (Y) XL

235/35 ZR19 91 (Y) XL

235/40 ZR19 96 (Y) XL

245/30 ZR19 89 (Y) XL

245/35 ZR19 93 (Y) XL

255/30 ZR19 91 (Y) XL

255/35 ZR19 96 (Y) XL

265/30 ZR19 93 (Y) XL

265/35 ZR19 98 (Y) XL

265/45 ZR19 105 (Y) XL

275/30 ZR19 96 (Y) XL

275/35 ZR19 100 (Y) XL

285/35 ZR19 103 (Y) XL

295/30 ZR19 100 (Y) XL

295/40 ZR19 108 (Y) XL

305/30 ZR19 102 (Y) XL

325/30 ZR19 105 (Y) XL

Where did you find the sizes? I just spoke with someone from Michelin last Monday and they didn't even know the tire existed let alone the sizes hahaha.

Nevermind ... read before posting ya big dummy lol

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
VoodooBOSS said:
Note I didn't state stock fitment. The sizes I highlighted will fit their respective cars I mentioned.
True, but on a stock Boss it would lower the front another .6" and increase the 'stink-bug' stance.

It will be interesting to see how much better these tires are over the PSS.
That would've been a better comparison. I'm just hoping that these aren't more all-season than the PSS and you need to go to SC2s for more grip. I've been very happy with the PSS for the street and rain.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Car and Driver says the tire will not be in the US Markets till March , but one has to question how sticky these new shoes will be if they are estimated to last 30,000 miles ( per Car and Driver article). I guess there is an advantage to some , but even the test listed here was measuring more of a multi season performance tire from other brands , and have to believe many of us will look for a more aggressive set of rubber donuts? Got to believe a lot of guys will be replacing with something like a Bridgestone RE-11 , either in 305s up front and back , or 305s front and 325s in the rear. With a 200 rating, should be sticky and they even have the RE-71R as another choice in their stable ,though only up to 305s - and already a reputation for gummy bear adhesion on the autocross courses of Amerika!

Have run Michelins in the past , and the Super Sport is a solid tire, but wonder if TMO folks will not gravitate toward the lower wear rating tyres! I know where I live a full season tire is useless -- the 350 will never see snow.

Bill Pemberton said:
Have run Michelins in the past , and the Super Sport is a solid tire, but wonder if TMO folks will not gravitate toward the lower wear rating tyres! I know where I live a full season tire is useless -- the 350 will never see snow.
These tires are mainly for street and maybe an occasional track day. For track time I have a second set of wheels with PSC2's mounted. ;D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No argument it is a street tire that could be track driven, but that is essentially why I am suggesting I think many will go with a more aggressive street tire like the Bridgestone , as it will likely be more effective on the autocross course or road course. Tracked on Michelins for years with Vipers and the Pilot Sport Cups were thankfully replaced with the Cup 2s, but just posturing that many may not look towards the 4S when their tires wear out, imagine many will go for a stickier street tire -- especially those of us in the colder climes. But it definitely will be a good choice for many , just that TMO members seem to be a bit more radical and looking for that added edge --which is why I love this Forum.

TMO Supporting Vendors