The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Midiv Solo Championship Event , August 5-6th, 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Kudos need to go out to Emery and Brent Seaton , because the father and son team not only both trophied, but they did it capturing Gold and Silver! Emery looks poised to repeat as the CAM-T National Champion, but he knows it will not be easy as there are some new, talented folks gunning for him. Dad is picking up the pace and I will not be surprised to see both father and son take a trophy at the 50th Anniversary of the Solo Nationals this September. Also absolutely crushing the concrete was Dave Whitworth and how he and his wife Liz run the on -site Solo Performance Store and race is beyond me. SPS sponsors the Event , along with many others, but to race, change tires, sell race products , etc. and then run out and scream through the cones is a herculean effort. Dave not only took the win in CAM C, he won each day running over a second and a half over the second place trophy finisher, Ron Ver Mule. No easy feat , as Ron is a multiple time National Champion, though like Dave he is constantly busy with R&S Racing , providing Hoosiers for the sticky tire faithful and mounting tires for everyone, regardless of make. Dave is on a tear this year and I predict he will be way up in the trophies this year, possibly even on the top step!

Lastly I have to put in a plug for my son, since Dad put a little scare into him on Saturday, running just .177 behind his fast time in the EVO 9. It will be an interesting test at Nationals this year since we will be running in SSP against GT 4s, GT4 RSs, GT 3s, Corvettes , etc. and the little 4 dr is way down on hp compared to those semi pricey machines, ha. Day two saw Ryan destroy me as usual, as I fell back 2 seconds off his best run, but I didn't feel too bad as he posted the fastest time of the day for any door slammer at the event.

Nationals should be a fun time and I gave out three more old business cards with TMO's website on them, so hopefully we will see even more autocrossers popping up here. More and more drivers are doing both disciplines ( road course and autocross ) so it is great to be able to get info from both schools of thought.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I'm bummed I wasn't able to be there this weekend, Pat passed me up for season points in Midiv. My short notice trip to California put me an event down with no way to make it up. Congrats to Emery, he looks crazy fast. I was following along on live timing this weekend.

Bill, I also saw the gap from you to Mark Hill and left me with my jaw on the floor. Awesome driving!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
PZero, need to get you and your beast up to Lincoln, as seat time on the Cornhusker Concrete will make you faster and I can sympathize with your trip messing up with your points lead. It seems many a good year gets screwed by those damn work or family committments. I liked the old system Salina Region used to have ( they may still) where 2 event points were thrown out so one could have that occasional vacation, work, or family issue, and you could still stay in the hunt for year end trophies.

There is an event coming up in 2 weeks in Lincoln, you should try and make the drive and again thanks for the kudos.

Thanks to TMO for having an Edit Button that stays up for a long period of time. I often find myself going back to correct stuff the damn Spellcheck changes. If this is what AI will be doing , boy are we going to have a ton of identity issues , ha. Ron Ver Mulm is a good friend of both DaveW's and mine and he deserves to be listed correctly in a thread -- damn Spellcheck changed his name to Ron Ver Mule. Thanks to LudaChris for leaving " Edit " up , as it gave me time to correct.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dave_W, any chance you are wandering out West for the 50th Anniversary of the Solo Nationals? It would be great to meet you and TMO could have the DaveW and DaveW show, ha!

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
No, won't be at Nats this year, though I've been a few times before and have dropped a little cash at the SPS trailer while there. Too much stuff going on between work & home this year, and the car's nowhere near ready. Plus with the new tiered registration scheme, trophy-fodder types like myself have to be clicking the mouse like crazy at midnight when general registration opens. If things go well early next year, I will make an effort to get to Lincoln in 2024. Will definitely look up you and the rest of the TMO crowd if I'm there.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You are a solid , solid source of info for Autocrossers and racers in general, so I am sure plenty of folks would like to meet you Dave. I hope you make it in 2024 or do tell folks of any National Tour events you make next year ( or Regional Events in your area ).

TMO Supporting Vendors