The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New to Boss Mustangs Online!

domesticpower

Track Addict
188
132
NS
Hi everyone, I'm Mike and I'm the lucky owner of a '12 Boss 302 in performance white. I've had it for a little over a year and I love it but the mod bug has got to me again and so far I have done the following:

TracKey
Open side-exit pipes (who hasn't??)
UPR Catch Can
Ford Racing Torsen Diff (OEM)
Fays2 Watt's Link
Tires: F/R 285/35/18 Continental ExtremeContact DW's
Wheels: F/R 18"x9.5" TSW Nurburgring's
GT500 Spoiler

Yes, unfortunately, I bought my car "used" (only 230 miles though!) so I had no say in the options and it came without the Recaro package. I got the Torsen installed but wasn't planning on getting the seats until I sat in a buddy's Boss 302 with the Recaro's and loved the difference. The Recaro's (if I can find a used set - if you have one with the Boss 302 embroidery or not, please pm!) or FR brake cooling kit will be next.
 
Hi Mike, welcome to BMO. Not sure if they are still available but Ford Racing was selling the seats. Not cheap but they are the same other than saying Ford Racing instead of Boss 302. Good luck on your search.
 

domesticpower

Track Addict
188
132
NS
NFSBOSS said:
Hi Mike, welcome to BMO. Not sure if they are still available but Ford Racing was selling the seats. Not cheap but they are the same other than saying Ford Racing instead of Boss 302. Good luck on your search.

thanks! I don't mind the Ford Racing embroidery at all. The problem is price.. I'm not sure if they're available from Ford Racing, but I looked online and the cheapest new set was on American Muscle for $2,999.. far more than I can afford right now, unfortunately.
 
Where are you located? I know a guy that really wants to trade his Recaro's for standard seats and I have tried to tell him to check out this site but as far as I know he hasn't been on here.
Welcome to BMO by the way!
 

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Hey I like your online name. Welcome to the forum. I to have a 2012 performance white Boss that I bought used and my name is Mike. Looks like we are forum twins. Enjoy this is by far the best forum out there for the Boss!
 
domesticpower said:
Hi everyone, I'm Mike and I'm the lucky owner of a '12 Boss 302 in performance white. I've had it for a little over a year and I love it but the mod bug has got to me again and so far I have done the following:

TracKey
Open side-exit pipes (who hasn't??)
UPR Catch Can
Ford Racing Torsen Diff (OEM)
Fays2 Watt's Link
Tires: F/R 285/35/18 Continental ExtremeContact DW's
Wheels: F/R 18"x9.5" TSW Nurburgring's
GT500 Spoiler

Yes, unfortunately, I bought my car "used" (only 230 miles though!) so I had no say in the options and it came without the Recaro package. I got the Torsen installed but wasn't planning on getting the seats until I sat in a buddy's Boss 302 with the Recaro's and loved the difference. The Recaro's (if I can find a used set - if you have one with the Boss 302 embroidery or not, please pm!) or FR brake cooling kit will be next.

Welcome.

I have a '13 PW and have been considering the same wheels you have. Are your TSW's matte black? In any event try to post some pics?

Thanks again.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I actually prefer the base seats in mine lol.

Have you considered a short throw shifter? it was nearly the first mod/best mod I did when I first got mine.
 

domesticpower

Track Addict
188
132
NS
max5ive0 said:
Where are you located? I know a guy that really wants to trade his Recaro's for standard seats and I have tried to tell him to check out this site but as far as I know he hasn't been on here.
Welcome to BMO by the way!

thanks!

I am located in Nova Scotia, Canada..but I would still be very interested in a trade. would this guy be willing to trade the seats and I cover the shipping costs for my seats and his?
 

domesticpower

Track Addict
188
132
NS
thanks for the welcome everyone!

Domestic Product said:
Hey I like your online name. Welcome to the forum. I to have a 2012 performance white Boss that I bought used and my name is Mike. Looks like we are forum twins. Enjoy this is by far the best forum out there for the Boss!

looks like it man, even half our user names match!

thanks!

Boss949 said:
Welcome.

I have a '13 PW and have been considering the same wheels you have. Are your TSW's matte black? In any event try to post some pics?

Thanks again.

sure, here's a picture (it's a little dark but it gives you an idea):

anceWhiteBoss302-BlackOEMGT500Spoiler3_zps260d0aed.png

angBoss302-TSWNurburgringWheelgunmetal_zps85d425ef.png

Justin said:
I actually prefer the base seats in mine lol.

Have you considered a short throw shifter? it was nearly the first mod/best mod I did when I first got mine.

the base seats are great, can't really complain about them. I haven't tried the Recaros on long hauls, but they seemed like they would be a little less comfortable than the base ones. The Recaros just hold you in place much better on the track and that's why I want them.

yes, I would really like to get a short throw shifter or at least bushings but probably not before cooling ducts and better brake pads (and Recaros if I can find a good used deal lol).
 

domesticpower

Track Addict
188
132
NS
USNjocson said:
Love the 2012. I wish I could have 1 of each year Boss in PW

I couldn't agree more. White is usually not one of my top colours but this white with the black accents look perfect.
 
domesticpower said:
thanks!

I am located in Nova Scotia, Canada..but I would still be very interested in a trade. would this guy be willing to trade the seats and I cover the shipping costs for my seats and his?

I will get back to you. I just met him at the Ford dealership that I go to, he works there, I assume as a retirement job. All I can do is ask, I can't really vouch for him.
 

domesticpower

Track Addict
188
132
NS
max5ive0 said:
I will get back to you. I just met him at the Ford dealership that I go to, he works there, I assume as a retirement job. All I can do is ask, I can't really vouch for him.

sounds good, that's not a problem. if he's interested, please pm me his email/contact info and I'll touch base with him. thanks.
 
domesticpower said:
sounds good, that's not a problem. if he's interested, please pm me his email/contact info and I'll touch base with him. thanks.
Went by the dealership yesterday and he was out but I left him a message to call me about a possible seat swap. So we'll see.
 
Welcome. I have 2013 PW # 2028 with Recaro package. What is the UPR catch can? looking at putting a oil seperator/catch can on mine.Have the MGW shifter on the work bench,waiting for bad weather. Track key and side pipes done.Have over 6000 Km on her now, love driving this car.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top