The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

out with friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's a great photo sir... sure looks like a good time to me!

As much as the GT350 has my interest, I'm keeping my (also PW) Boss 302 for a good long while. Hope to never be without it, actually.

REAL 1 said:
The Boss is a keeper for sure. In a few years guys will be looking for nice examples.
Will the Boss end up like the last of the air cooled Porsche 911's where their prices appreciate wildly 10-15 years later?

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
VoodooBOSS said:
Will the Boss end up like the last of the air cooled Porsche 911's where their prices appreciate wildly 10-15 years later?

I do think that they will be desired in yeas to come. They have all the earmarks for a collectible. They were a true special production car (not just a wheel & decal special), produced in limited numbers especially the LS, they were a high watermark and benchmark of performance for the entire S197 gen and solid rear axle generation, they were roundly revered by the press, they were highly desired when new, loved by the public still, loved by their owners and car enthusiasts in general, they were a very successful racer in competition, the have a stored history and tracked/paralleled that history, they have the Boss 302 motor which is regarded as one of the best motors made now out of production, it made Motor Trend Best car of the Year, it made R&T 51 coolest cars of the last 50 years, it's looks great, sounds awesome and goes like stink.

did I forget anything? :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel