The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pirelli World Challenge splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought my car a Blowfish tow hook kit for Christmas. I'm kicking around the idea of putting this on while I have the bumper off http://rehagenracingproducts.com/2010-12-MUSTANG-GT-BOSS-302R-S-WORLD-CHALLENGE-SPLITTER-KIT-M-16601-S.htm .

How much smaller is this than the LS splitter?? I don't need/want a small picnic table hanging off the front of my car.

Get the WC splitter. It's still nice sized, won't scrap as much and best of all it's more affordable. 8)

The IMSA spoiler\splitter setup is considerably different from the PWC spoiler\splitter package, unless your car is modded enough to drag the aero I would recommend you stay with the IMSA package, I would also recommend you don't mix the two because you will never get the car balanced.
To expand on that somewhat (I was on a tablet) Originally, the GT500 rear spoiler was to be used in IMSA, that didn't fly so the Steeda wing was approved, that, with the Boss front splitter, running the short Conti tires, is a decent (balanced) combination. Now in PWC we experimented with different length front splitters, they seemed to like the long splitter with the PWC rear wing, now that makes sense.(more downforce rear, more needed in front) That setup was also run in SCCA T1 and went 170 at the Daytona runoffs. We experimented with the stock GT style, splitter and wing (as run in t2) because the track had a long straight, we thought we might pick up top speed, unfortunately, because we couldn't carry the speed through the bus stop, we never saw the improved top speed and the car was pretty shaky according to AJ. So we went back to the PWC setup.

For reference:

the IMSA car at Kansas
uOMdpuB.jpg

and Laguna Seca
C2X471il.jpg

and Daytona
wD7cGp8l.jpg

the PWC car at Laguna (and probably my favorite pic of the car)
hAbl2hDl.jpg

the T2 car
Wf7OcNol.jpg

FWIW, our cars have spent some time in the wind tunnel.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
@Blacksheep-1:

Why did IMSA nix the GT500 rear spoiler?

I've been running the 2012 LS splitter and GT500 spoiler on my 12 Boss and it sure seemed planted at a tick over 140 MPH. But am I looking for trouble with this setup?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.
302 Hi Pro

I apologize for not getting back to you, apparently my notifications have been turned off.

I don't know why IMSA cut the rear spoiler, unless they thought it would create too much downforce, and it was a balance of performance kind of thing.
I'm not sure you're going to have a problem with that setup but the splitter angle is highly critical, I would check it often, and remember not just at static height, the rear wing is going to push the car down so what might be1 degree down in front might actually be 2 degrees up at speed. You can take some tie wraps and put them around the shocks (or come up with some other idea) go easy in the corners but run full speed down the straights and see how much the shock collapses so you can get a specific ride height at speed.

That's very interesting. I'll be fitting the WC splitter and Steeda Wing soon. How do I know where to set the splitter? Level to the ground and adjust from there?
And to adjust I just tighten or loosen the rods? Thanks.

Tighten or loosen the rods and stack washers at the back of the splitter to change the angle of attack. Like anything else, it should be set on a flat surface so you can duplicate it. We usually do it on our scales since they are levelled.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel