The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Porsche HPDE guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Am lucky in my area of the US of A, as many of the Porsche guys are track rats, and a pretty good bunch of guys. That said, they , like many of us, don't hang out much with the Porsche Pizza Parade boys who just cruise around on food trips. Of course, this is just too damn funny , so I did send this to a couple of my Porsche track friends.

TX
Was just going to say - I'm definitely not familiar with this stereotype. All the ones I've driven with here in Texas at COTA are serious track rats and their cars are straight up unfair.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Blacksheep , that is about at bad as when I helped the Corvette Club set up an Autocross at the " Old Solo Nationals " site in Salina, Ks. and beat all of the GM Fiberglass Folks with a 100HP 1981 Mazda RX-7!!!

Sounds like TMO members could be rabble rousers ( though in your case it would likely be better conveyed as a rebel rouser, ha)

BGB Porsche who I worked for were all great guys, on the other hand, I was at Sebring with a BMW team, my wife and I swept out one of the nasty spaces ( behind pit wall) to use during a test day, we put some items in there like coolers and some tools and taped it off. We came back later some Porch driver removed the tape, moved the stuff and pulled his car in. I told him what I thought of it, then dumped the garbage can back out in the stall. We then went to a very crowded Inn on the Lake for dinner , the lot was packed, another Porch driver took up 2 spaces, I pulled my F150 over the curb and into half of the spot that was left open blocking the driver's door. I was done with those guys.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
My experience with classic Porsche guy is similar.
At Blackhawk Farms a Porsche owners took cones and put them around his car to keep People back. He And his car were not all that impressive in the paddock and even less so on track. I don’t think he appreciated it when I told him just that. Blame it on my Mother, she said honesty was the best policy.

Last edited:

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
Some of those assholes are quite quick on the track... better than most of those vette drivers however

Blacksheep , that is about at bad as when I helped the Corvette Club set up an Autocross at the " Old Solo Nationals " site in Salina, Ks. and beat all of the GM Fiberglass Folks with a 100HP 1981 Mazda RX-7!!!

Sounds like TMO members could be rabble rousers ( though in your case it would likely be better conveyed as a rebel rouser, ha)
we used to call Corvettes "Tupperwear Torpedos"

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Kinda of funny listening to our " Car Biases " while fully understanding it is just " Passion " for what we own. Instructing folks , autocrossing, and road racing over the years I would have to say that 90% of the guys/gals at the track are super cool. I have found Corvette drivers, Porsche drivers, Camaro drivers, Viper drivers, Audi drivers, Ferrari drivers, BMW drivers, and yes, Mustang drivers can all show disdain for others who are not driving the same vehicles. I find, after 41+ years playing with cars I have run into " Le Auto Jerkos " driving all makes of machines and I have stories about just about every Porsche, Corvette, Ferrari driver , etc. We are lucky, because most to the folks who end up at the track seem to be the really intense and fun group of the bunch.

My bias, since we all have some degree of them, is against those guys in the Porsche Pizza Parade, Corvette Cafe Crowd, BMW Boulevard Boys, Audi Avenue Cruisers, Ford Freeway Folks, etc. who only drive their cars out to eat, yet never make it to the track. Granted it is a very mild bias, since I tend to like anyone who is a car nut, and so I am not very disparaging , but the folks with the fast toys who end up at an Autocross or Road Course I find are almost always great people.

Enough goofy philosophy , Happy Halloween, and I hope everyone on here can get in at least one more track/autocross day before year's end.

Kinda of funny listening to our " Car Biases " while fully understanding it is just " Passion " for what we own. Instructing folks , autocrossing, and road racing over the years I would have to say that 90% of the guys/gals at the track are super cool. I have found Corvette drivers, Porsche drivers, Camaro drivers, Viper drivers, Audi drivers, Ferrari drivers, BMW drivers, and yes, Mustang drivers can all show disdain for others who are not driving the same vehicles. I find, after 41+ years playing with cars I have run into " Le Auto Jerkos " driving all makes of machines and I have stories about just about every Porsche, Corvette, Ferrari driver , etc. We are lucky, because most to the folks who end up at the track seem to be the really intense and fun group of the bunch.

My bias, since we all have some degree of them, is against those guys in the Porsche Pizza Parade, Corvette Cafe Crowd, BMW Boulevard Boys, Audi Avenue Cruisers, Ford Freeway Folks, etc. who only drive their cars out to eat, yet never make it to the track. Granted it is a very mild bias, since I tend to like anyone who is a car nut, and so I am not very disparaging , but the folks with the fast toys who end up at an Autocross or Road Course I find are almost always great people.

Enough goofy philosophy , Happy Halloween, and I hope everyone on here can get in at least one more track/autocross day before year's end.
Or the $100K car with a $20dollar driver crowd

TMO Supporting Vendors