The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Up Your Lowered Boss Pics + Details

Was thinkin about lowering my Boss on e i get it back from the dealership hopefully later on today...would like to see some lowered Boss pics and details on what springs you chose and why aswell as any other suspension mods that you did to improve the stance or ride quality like shocks....i was looking into the Progressive Rate Eibach Prokit that is suppose to lower the Boss 0.6 Front and 1.0 Rear which is what i want to get rid of the big rear wheel gap....anyway for those that have lowered their Boss hopefully you can share pics and details...thx
 
12WhiteBoss said:
Was thinkin about lowering my Boss on e i get it back from the dealership hopefully later on today...would like to see some lowered Boss pics and details on what springs you chose and why aswell as any other suspension mods that you did to improve the stance or ride quality like shocks....i was looking into the Progressive Rate Eibach Prokit that is suppose to lower the Boss 0.6 Front and 1.0 Rear which is what i want to get rid of the big rear wheel gap....anyway for those that have lowered their Boss hopefully you can share pics and details...thx

I bought my LS with the suspension mods already done and all original parts in boxes. I'am not sure on the decision process that went on to pick out all the parts but all 4 corners now have adjustable Coil overs, Swaybars changed to adjustable, Track bar adjustable , Panhard Bar, and Strut tower Brace changed as well as Cool Tech Roll Bar with rear Strut Tower Brace installed. I can give more details on the brands of parts when I get home next in a couple of weeks. But seeing as this is an old thread I don't think 2 weeks would matter!! LOL

d0afdf94-2f38-4b7f-8541-53cc54f8634c.jpg

fc3e2509-c06f-4d76-9cf9-39f72ed9e7e6.jpg

5568342b-f5bc-455c-b393-3f124979c919.jpg

34e29696-7d6f-45b2-942c-5e22b1ab2fe2.jpg
 
Someone spent some time, effort and not to mention some money on that set up. Would be interested to see your insights on how it handles....
My set up includes Steeda Boss springs and Koni Sport adjustables
IMG_0864_zpsda45a9ec.jpg
 
Those look like Whiteline components. I'm using Ford Racing P springs on mine.

IMG_1298.jpg
 
NFSBOSS said:
Those look like Whiteline components. I'm using Ford Racing P springs on mine.

IMG_1298.jpg

I have the P springs also, have you noticed any noise from the rear after having them swapped over? I believe my sway bar endlinks are moving back any forth since they are too long now that the car has dropped.
 
401
0
Here's mine,

Hotchkis Lowering Springs 19391

DSC_0086_zps05b080cb.jpg
DSC_0077_zps2278ed1a.jpg
DSC_0080_zps0cf111d5.jpg
DSC_0084_zpsde331b2c.jpg
DSC_0081_zps53f08aae.jpg
DSC_0079_zps396b3ec1.jpg

No adj panhard installed, so I am pretty flush on the driver's side. Cortex Watts link will take care of this when I have time.
 
367
1
NOLIMIT said:
I bought my LS with the suspension mods already done and all original parts in boxes. I'am not sure on the decision process that went on to pick out all the parts but all 4 corners now have adjustable Coil overs, Swaybars changed to adjustable, Track bar adjustable , Panhard Bar, and Strut tower Brace changed as well as Cool Tech Roll Bar with rear Strut Tower Brace installed. I can give more details on the brands of parts when I get home next in a couple of weeks. But seeing as this is an old thread I don't think 2 weeks would matter!! LOL

Hey! I know this car (I think).
Did you buy this recently from PFAFF? I saw it (or one just like it) for sale when I was shopping for my Boss :D
How's your rear bump travel doing at that ride height? Looks real low. Like needs front roll center correction low.
 
Frpp P Springs
Frpp Boss 302s LCAs
Frpp adjustable panhard bar
Frpp LCA relocation brackets
Eibach camber bolts
IMG_3280_zpsbc2a1226.png
 
401
0
vista6019 said:
Someone spent some time, effort and not to mention some money on that set up. Would be interested to see your insights on how it handles....
My set up includes Steeda Boss springs and Koni Sport adjustables
IMG_0864_zpsda45a9ec.jpg

Vista6019, what wheel/tire sizes are you running?
 
Added Hotchkis (19391) Springs, Hotchkis LCA's and Whiteline Relocation Brackets.

Handling is superior to stock. Comfort level for street and highway amazed me; I expected a much stiffer ride and a sacrifice for better handling, but it's not the case at all. Stance IMHO is perfect.
Real overcast today, so light wasn't great.

Image6_zpsb3e485e6.jpg
Image1-1_zps621c8ddf.jpg
Image-1_zps09898ad9.jpg
Image8_zps1304a7e7.jpg
Image12_zps207761a3.png
Image12_zps207761a3.jpg
 
boro92 said:
Hey! I know this car (I think).
Did you buy this recently from PFAFF? I saw it (or one just like it) for sale when I was shopping for my Boss :D
How's your rear bump travel doing at that ride height? Looks real low. Like needs front roll center correction low.
I bought the car from one of the owners of the McLaren of Toronto Dealership ( don't want to put his name online ) he put it on consignment there. I have only had 2 short not to aggressive drives in the car but it seemed smooth as my wife said for a race car. I work away from home so I didn't get much time with it after it arrived. Next time I am home I will get it on the hoist and take a good look under there at all the mods and take it for a good rip see how it fairs.

Off topic but when I was carrying in all the original parts from the car and I noticed the Panhard Bar has weights inside it that slide end to end when you tip it. Anyone else have there's off and notice this? I asked a mechanic friend of mine about it but he'd never heard of it before, I am thinking a racer might have seen this before and I am guessing it is to add weight to the outside tire in hard cornering. If any one knows I am curious please let me know.
 
NOLIMIT said:
I bought my LS with the suspension mods already done and all original parts in boxes. I'am not sure on the decision process that went on to pick out all the parts but all 4 corners now have adjustable Coil overs, Swaybars changed to adjustable, Track bar adjustable , Panhard Bar, and Strut tower Brace changed as well as Cool Tech Roll Bar with rear Strut Tower Brace installed. I can give more details on the brands of parts when I get home next in a couple of weeks. But seeing as this is an old thread I don't think 2 weeks would matter!! LOL

d0afdf94-2f38-4b7f-8541-53cc54f8634c.jpg

fc3e2509-c06f-4d76-9cf9-39f72ed9e7e6.jpg

5568342b-f5bc-455c-b393-3f124979c919.jpg

34e29696-7d6f-45b2-942c-5e22b1ab2fe2.jpg


I think you need a set of LCA relocation brackets, unless you're at stock height.
 
NOLIMIT said:
Off topic but when I was carrying in all the original parts from the car and I noticed the Panhard Bar has weights inside it that slide end to end when you tip it. Anyone else have there's off and notice this? I asked a mechanic friend of mine about it but he'd never heard of it before, I am thinking a racer might have seen this before and I am guessing it is to add weight to the outside tire in hard cornering. If any one knows I am curious please let me know.

I think (not sure) Ford does this to reduce NVH
 
367
1
NOLIMIT said:
I'm sure this a Dumb question but here goes anyway.....What is NVH ?

noise vibration harshness :)

PS - agreed with the above, you should definitely consider LCA relocation brackets. Your LCA's are totally angled upwards!
 
Not to go off topic, but since LCA where brought up. Everyone car looks great and I am thinking about the hotchkins sport springs and lower relocation brackets. What should I do for control arms? Adjustable UCA and Non-adjustable LCA, or Adjustable LCA and Non-adjustable UCA or both adjustable.

Thanks
Stephen
 
Swiesz said:
Not to go off topic, but since LCA where brought up. Everyone car looks great and I am thinking about the hotchkins sport springs and lower relocation brackets. What should I do for control arms? Adjustable UCA and Non-adjustable LCA, or Adjustable LCA and Non-adjustable UCA or both adjustable.

Thanks
Stephen

I called Hotchkis direct. I bought their LCA's but bought the Whiteline relocation brackets. I'm completely satisfied with the setup. LCA are non adjust.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top