The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pricing and ADMs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now that Ford has released pricing at just over 40k perhaps the feeding frenzy will be kept at bay a bit? I still think the typical mustang buyer will be more attracted to the GT500 if the pricing difference is not to great which I see as a big benefit to Boss buyers.

If Ford had priced the Boss at the speculated mid 30's there would have been lots of folks buying it as a hotter GT. I think this pricing means less will do so and the market will be reduced to the extent that not only will ADMs will be gone very quickly but we should eventually see discounts as well. Maybe Ford has finally learned something about selling these special models? Thoughts?

With new GT500's sitting on dealer lots at a discount, I doubt buyers of the Boss will have to worry much about ADMs.

When the 2008 GT500KR allocations were announced, many of those dealers were on eBay selling their car way before the cars were even built. I'm not experiencing that same type of frenzy with this Boss.

There will be no mark-ups at the Houston/Katy, TX dealers. So I was told. Ordered my Boss yesterday and hope to get some discount from suggested retail price. Just don't know at this time.

atrain1975

My dealer in Alexandria, VA, is willing to sell to me at sticker. Sales manager said that they do not put ADMs on order vehicles, but they might mark up a stock car that is available for immediate delivery. That sounds like a fair policy to me. If two people want to bid up a car that is on the lot, then I have no problem with that.

I ordered an LS, pricing TBD, but will not be over MSRP. If my dealer gets an early allocation, I'm probably paying MSRP. If he gets a late allocation, it might go under MSRP. His GT500s are under MSRP, so I live in hope. A lot might ride on how many people come into his dealership and seriously want an LS. He told me that if I didn't want the LS, he would have just ordered a regular Boss. He didn't think there would be much demand for an 'extreme' Mustang. Time will tell.

I think your dealer understands that the majority of people buying a mustang in the 40+ range will opt for a Gt500 due to it having all of the comfort features and a bunch of horsepower. This will play right into the hands of those that really want a Boss!

Mark said:
I think your dealer understands that the majority of people buying a mustang in the 40+ range will opt for a Gt500 due to it having all of the comfort features and a bunch of horsepower. This will play right into the hands of those that really want a Boss!
It's the latest, it's the closest to a Cobra R type, and the production seems very limited for the expected demand. That is not the best of scenarios for a prospective buyer to be in. Perhaps the story wil be different in six to nine months.

My opinion would be to try to secure an order ASAP.

phytrpilot said:
There will be no mark-ups at the Houston/Katy, TX dealers. So I was told. Ordered my Boss yesterday and hope to get some discount from suggested retail price. Just don't know at this time.

New GM at my Ford dealer in Katy, TX is trying to back out of contractual obligation to sell me the car that was ordered on 11/19. He's trying to "extort" money above MSRP even though I have a priced DORA at MSRP.

phytrpilot said:
phytrpilot said:

New GM at my Ford dealer in Katy, TX is trying to back out of contractual obligation to sell me the car that was ordered on 11/19. He's trying to "extort" money above MSRP even though I have a priced DORA at MSRP.

let the games begin!

phytrpilot said:
Aren't all DORA's priced at MSRP?

Mark said:
phytrpilot said:
phytrpilot said:

let the games begin!

Worked out a deal at MSRP with the new GM at the dealership. Super nice gentleman. Definitley recommend dealing with Champion Ford, Katy, TX for any vehicle.

phytrpilot said:
Worked out a deal at MSRP with the new GM at the dealership. Super nice gentleman. Definitley recommend dealing with Champion Ford, Katy, TX for any vehicle.

did you happen to find out how many Boss and/or LS allocations they have?

GA
My dealer posted their first Boss listing on Fleabay for a CO with Recaro/Torsen and accessory package for 49,465, so it looks like they are trying for 5K ADM which I was told they would.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150568372050&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

They have 5 more standard allocations and one LS allocations. They tried this with the '08 Bullitt also and it didn't work, so we'll see what happens.

I looked around more on Fleabay and only saw a couple of other Boss listings. One ended with 6K over invoice on a standard Boss and the other is a white standard with a BIN of 52K and the bidding is at 42K. There is only one LS in NJ that is currently bidding at 5K over MSRP but the reserve has not been met (peope in the tri-state area are used to paying through the nose for everything anyway). By now there were usually dozens of listings on past special editions, so it looks like most dealers are happy to get MSRP and don't expect ADM to fly with the GT500 not too far away in price.

PJWANNABE said:
By now there were usually dozens of listings on past special editions, so it looks like most dealers are happy to get MSRP and don't expect ADM to fly with the GT500 not too far away in price.

Seeing so few attempts at ADM this early is a breath of fresh air...things will only get better as we go forward.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I know my local dealer said either a 5 or 10k adm but I basically said whatever. I'm getting it under sticker elsewhere.

GA
Mark said:
PJWANNABE said:
By now there were usually dozens of listings on past special editions, so it looks like most dealers are happy to get MSRP and don't expect ADM to fly with the GT500 not too far away in price.

Seeing so few attempts at ADM this early is a breath of fresh air...things will only get better as we go forward.

You said it. I sent them a question through Fleabay today asking about the Kona Blue they had on order and he told me that they are only getting 3 of the 6 they ordered because Ford was cutting back on the allocations and he wasn't sure what other two colors he would get. I suspect the soft economy probably has something to do with that and Ford is adjusting. We might see it go to customer orders only after a while if sales do not meet expectations. I will start shopping around in the meantime. I know of a LS allocation that could go for MSRP but it would not be daily-driver friendly.

GA
ufnavy06 said:
I know my local dealer said either a 5 or 10k adm but I basically said whatever. I'm getting it under sticker elsewhere.

That's what I say too. I bought my '08 Bullitt at sticker from the same dealer after they tried to get 3-5K ADM. It only took a few weeks for them to cave so maybe history will repeat itself.

I like your avatar. I was thinking of BIGSTIG as a plate. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel