The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Questions About Tow Rings/Hooks for Track Days

Boss Lady

Where do you mount the front and rear tow rings on the BOSS? I've seen some pictures of the front mounted on a GT500 and it required cutting the front fascia. Is it the same for the BOSS? Which ones do you recommend for ease of installation.

The HPDE we attend doesn't make it a requirement to run, but highly recommends you install them on your vehicle.
 
I really, really want to do this but hate to cut a hole in the bumper cover. I understand it is not easy to install but boy would it make life easy. the setup should be the same for the Boss as any 10,11,12, V6, 5.0 or Shelby. They attach to the front bumper, inside metal part that is. I am not certain but I think it can be bolted on or
welded.

While I have not priced them I think they are offered by Ford Racing.

th_302R.png
 
908ssp said:
Mine is built into the splitter...like the Zonda R. :eek: ;D ::)
And it's the same color as the Zonda... ;D Yea how did you install them?
 
Actually if you just snug down the bolts, they don't move at all even at high speed. You have to pull up with some effort to move them. I did put some vinyl tape between the rear one and the license plate so they didn't rattle together.
 

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Moderator
3,721
1,168
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
NY Metro
JeffIsHereToo said:
908ssp said:
Mine is built into the splitter...like the Zonda R. :eek: ;D ::)

IMG_1644.png

This makes no sense to me. Let me know how this works out for you. I suspect you will see your splitter being dragged by a tow truck.

You must not know 908's skills, those are probably CNC machined titanium straps embedded in the carbon fiber passing all the way back and attaching directly to the frame. The man does some very nice fabrications.
Steve
 
steveespo said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
This makes no sense to me. Let me know how this works out for you. I suspect you will see your splitter being dragged by a tow truck.

You must not know 908's skills, those are probably CNC machined titanium straps embedded in the carbon fiber passing all the way back and attaching directly to the frame. The man does some very nice fabrications.
Steve
Yea you might want to surf some of 908s posts. You'll see he can make anything. Probably could put MacGyver to shame. ;)
 
1,255
0
GA
cloud9 said:
Actually if you just snug down the bolts, they don't move at all even at high speed. You have to pull up with some effort to move them. I did put some vinyl tape between the rear one and the license plate so they didn't rattle together.

Cool, thanks. I will have to look around for a local shop to install them.
 
steveespo said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
908ssp said:
Mine is built into the splitter...like the Zonda R. :eek: ;D ::)

IMG_1644.png

This makes no sense to me. Let me know how this works out for you. I suspect you will see your splitter being dragged by a tow truck.

You must not know 908's skills, those are probably CNC machined titanium straps embedded in the carbon fiber passing all the way back and attaching directly to the frame. The man does some very nice fabrications.
Steve

The frame? There's NOTHING down there, no frame, to attach to with the strength needed for a tow hook. It's up behind the bumper. ???
 
175
0
Goes all the back to the K member plus that top view doesn't show the top side bars that go to the bumper. All that stuff is much lighter than it looks from below as it is all machined out on the top. I hope I never have to use them.

P1000209.png

P1000198.png

With the belly pans in place you can't even see it anymore.

IMG_2117.png
 
1,429
344
Nice work there!

Has anyone installed the Rehagen Racing hooks? And when I mean installed, have you yourself done the cutting to the bumper cover? I'm planning on installing mine myself when they arrive and any lessons learned would be good to know in advance! I'm currently planning on measuring a million times and cutting once. :eek:

http://rehagenracingproducts.com/product.sc?productId=1861&categoryId=-1
 
Fat Boss said:
Nice work there!

Has anyone installed the Rehagen Racing hooks? And when I mean installed, have you yourself done the cutting to the bumper cover? I'm planning on installing mine myself when they arrive and any lessons learned would be good to know in advance! I'm currently planning on measuring a million times and cutting once. :eek:

http://rehagenracingproducts.com/product.sc?productId=1861&categoryId=-1
That's what I have Andy. Unfortunately there were no instructions and I had my body shop install them since they had it for the Tiger hood at the time anyway. They basically welded the brackets to the front and rear bumpers as far as I know. I think they had to fab a bracket for the rear one.
 

drano38

Wayne
1,130
318
Got my hooks from Multimatic last week (they FedEx one-day them) and had them installed yesterday.
Now when I go 4-wheeling into the grass, they'll have a place to hook up the tow rope.:eek:
And if I can mount the winch higher on my trailer, I can use the hook to tow the car up on.

20120523194658.jpg


20120523195647.jpg
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top