The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

RACEDECK VS SWISSTRAX floors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi,
When I bought my home the garage area was bricked up and the driveway moved. So I have what we call "The Pole Room" .
There is a pole in the center of the room that holds up the roof. It is set in the slab.
Now it needs to be the game room.
Has anyone used both Swisstrax and Racedeck?
The room has a bad echo now.
The theme will we at the race track/airport, after all I am Racerpilotalan.
Cheers

I have Racedeck and have been happy with it overall. The negative is it makes noise when you walk over it. That's about the only negative from my perspective. The big question is would I do it again? Answer: Yes!

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=1390.0

P1030412.jpg
IMG_7303_zpshgn1notr_1.jpg

Any moisture should drain and not much stuff should fall between the cracks as it fits together tightly. It never rains in CA so I don't worry about that aspect. From my research there is no perfect garage flooring so weigh the options and make a decision. I have a friend of mine that spent big bucks on his garage flooring having a coating applied. It gets pretty hot here in the summer and the heat from his tires discolored the coating. The nice thing about RD is it makes your garage more like a room and it's really nice in the winter as it keeps it a bit warmer. My wife loves it.

What about when using a floor jack? Does the jack wheels dent the flooring or are you placing a sheet of steel or wood under the jack? Obviously using jack stands you need a plate under them or to use jack stands that already have a lager base?
Looks good though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEye

You can't get there from here...
8250RPM said:
What about when using a floor jack? Does the jack wheels dent the flooring or are you placing a sheet of steel or wood under the jack? Obviously using jack stands you need a plate under them or to use jack stands that already have a lager base?
That was my concern with a plastic tiles, how much abuse it will take when your working on it, and carefully do you have to be ?
I'm still looking at getting the cement polished ,but have to get some estimates.

8250RPM said:
Looks good though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I put a pad under my jack and stands. My new stands won't need protection.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel