The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear Wheel Hub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Good Morning bnight -
After installing the new hub and making sure the rear IRS was aligned properly, I didn't have any more issues. If your issue is only with the cruise control on maybe it is a sensor or something related to cruise control? Did the dealer pick up any codes? Sorry for your trouble, hope the dealer is able to fix with the parts you are replacing.
I have the annoying whine, no codes or errors and a kick during descends with cruise control on. My IRS could be miss aligned but Don't know who in my poor country could align it properly are you running steeda IRS alignment kit ?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta, GA
I have the annoying whine, no codes or errors and a kick during descends with cruise control on. My IRS could be miss aligned but Don't know who in my poor country could align it properly are you running steeda IRS alignment kit ?
Apologies for the delayed response. I use the BMR rear cradle centering sleeves. I’d be happy to chat with you more about the install.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Apologies for the delayed response. I use the BMR rear cradle centering sleeves. I’d be happy to chat with you more about the install.
Thanks Steeda is selling similar part and is easier for me to source in europe. I never thought about my rear subframe moving but this could be the case.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Indiana
I replaced my wheel bearings with Moog units when both of mine failed. Rear wheel bearing failures are so common on these cars, I figured it was worth the "risk" to try an aftermarket part and see if it's any better.

The blue spacer ring between the half shaft and the wheel bearing has been updated by Ford, the post above shows the most recent version. I strongly recommend you replace these when a wheel bearing fails. If you don't you're likely to get a clicking or creaking noise in the hub when you creep forward or back like in the garage or in a parking space. It's most profound when you go from one direction to another like backing up and then creeping forward. I chased this noise for weeks and it ended up being those spacer rings. I replaced them and my problem has been fixed for a while now.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Arizona
I replaced my wheel bearings with Moog units when both of mine failed. Rear wheel bearing failures are so common on these cars, I figured it was worth the "risk" to try an aftermarket part and see if it's any better.

The blue spacer ring between the half shaft and the wheel bearing has been updated by Ford, the post above shows the most recent version. I strongly recommend you replace these when a wheel bearing fails. If you don't you're likely to get a clicking or creaking noise in the hub when you creep forward or back like in the garage or in a parking space. It's most profound when you go from one direction to another like backing up and then creeping forward. I chased this noise for weeks and it ended up being those spacer rings. I replaced them and my problem has been fixed for a while now.
What part number did you use for the spacer rings? I used new ones that I thought were the updated design when I replaced my rear hubs last and pretty quickly had the noise back.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel