The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Road America - M cars, P cars and Z cars oh my!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabossinne said:
Like Fastoldman Bill my summer this year has been consumed by other priorities, severely limiting any track time (as in, zero so far). :'( Really enjoying "driving" vicariously through guys like Gary, though, and his latest RA exploits. Damn, that's some driving!
:-[ Thanks I was having a lot of fun :)

Great driving Gary! Nice lines and very smooth and consistent lap to lap. While you are tough on consumables due to your speed, you are also not abusive on consumables due to your smoothness.

Last weekend has me absolutely hooked on RA. Love that track. It is killing me that I cannot make the August 1st event due to family commitments. Just gotta tell myself there will be plenty more opportunities.

I got some vids from Friday but forgot to charge my GoPro that night thus nothing from Saturday.

LS110 said:
Great driving Gary! Nice lines and very smooth and consistent lap to lap. While you are tough on consumables due to your speed, you are also not abusive on consumables due to your smoothness.

Last weekend has me absolutely hooked on RA. Love that track. It is killing me that I cannot make the August 1st event due to family commitments. Just gotta tell myself there will be plenty more opportunities.

I got some vids from Friday but forgot to charge my GoPro that night thus nothing from Saturday.
Depending on weather look at Oktoberfast with Badger Bimmers. I will go if I don't need steel studded Hoosiers ;)

Tucson302 said:
Gary did that new sensor in the trunk solve the wrench limp-mode issue?
I think so? I did get a P0300 after 3 of the 9 sessions. One time it included a wrench light as I was heading to grid. It was a static wrench light though, not flashing with limp mode. In fact none of the codes caused a limp mode condition, just a static CEL which I cleared in the paddock. The car was really getting worked though so not sure what caused the codes outside of maybe it was crying for mercy. The wrench light went away with a restart.

The issue normally happened to me on the street/highway, not on the track and so far so good. It hasn't happened in either case since installing the replacement fuel module. It was so intermittent that I wouldn't claim it's solved for sure until I drive it another month, but it seems to have fixed it.

Did you install the CPR? I haven't thrown one code after installing one.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel