The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congratulations! Did you ever get any information that it was even shipped? I wonder why mine hasn't shipped yet? I guess I better call FCS.

5 DOT 0 said:
Congratulations! Did you ever get any information that it was even shipped? I wonder why mine hasn't shipped yet? I guess I better call FCS.
I called on Friday, and all I was told is that the car was transferred to the shipper from lot or ramp 5P, and that the shipper acknowledged reciept. (meaning it was loaded on a truck) It could have shown on Friday, but didn't. FCS told me that the ETA of 6/22 was really the week of 6/22. They also told me that the Track Key software was being distributed to the dealers. When I asked for more detail on that, they reallly couldn't tell me anything more, besides it was being distributed. I still won't feel really good until everything is signed and its at home in the driveway.

Mike

My car is still awaiting shipment, with an ETA of 30 June ??? Hopefully I might see it by the end of July.

I did just get a $750 discount certificate number from the 800 number.... ;D

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I hate the fact that some people are getting the $750 as I've gotten over 4 of them and none of them are good for the Boss. But I'll pay the extra $750 for my car to be here now.

GA
I can tell you from experience, just let it go about rebates, coupons, and if the Boss becomes available on X-plan like the 2012 GT500. I bought my 2008 Bullitt at MSRP, with no rebate, and no incentives. Within 6 months and later I had to hear stories of the great deals and rebates people were getting while I paid full price. I had to keep reminding myself that I was already enjoying my car for a year or more that they did and there is a premium for getting it fresh off the truck with practically no miles on it.

5 DOT 0 said:
Do you know when your car was moved to ramp 5P? Mine is still at ramp 51 and needs to move to 5P before shipping.

Did FCS give you that much detail about ramp 5P and ramp 51 ??
I never get that much detail from them. Only that it's "awaiting shipment" ??

Still waiting on mine, 6/9 build date.

FCS was unable to provide me the actual location of the car, only awaiting transport. My sales rep can log into their computer system and pin point the location of the car.

FCS told me today my car is awaiting transport, but my ETA is still June 30th., I think there going to ship my car vis UPS 3 day select service. ;D

I've learned about the shipping from forums and what some dealers have posted. Typically cars move to "In Transit" and sit at ramp 51 until they are ready to ship. Then they move to ramp 5P where they get loaded onto rail or truck transport. They can sit a long time at ramp 51 and usually no more than a week at 5P. If yours is shipping by rail don't get excited until you have a rail car number. From there you can track the shipment via the rail carrier.

AZBoss302 said:
FCS was unable to provide me the actual location of the car, only awaiting transport. My sales rep can log into their computer system and pin point the location of the car.

FCS told me today my car is awaiting transport, but my ETA is still June 30th., I think there going to ship my car vis UPS 3 day select service. ;D
Ford's ETA system is whack! The dealer was told my car was awaiting shipping, but showed up 3 days after that.

I want my car!! the last update is now due July 4th. ther goes the long weekend without it. &#^&*! It was shipped June 16th on the slow train to socal.

Hey, you guys that have your cars built & are awaiting Delivery...I know the anxiety level is out the window for you guys, but at least your Boss adventure is about to be realized. Just think about us poor schmucks who have 3q & 4Q allocations & might not see their cars til next year! Hang in there boys...you're almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m hanging ,but its been tough!
I did just get some good news .My Tiger cf hood is on the way and I got the plate I wanted LS302.Now I am really going crazy!

ordered Dec 14th 2010. 7 months is a long time when you can drive it all year long in socal, if you have the boss. I went to Barrett Jackson this weekend and talked to a sales executive from miller motorsports park. he said he could not give out much information but said the school is a one day event with a small fee for an upgrade to two days. You will be able to have two others join you in the school. I want my BOSS LS.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel