The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
AZBoss302 said:
Just got an update from the 800 number, my Boss is "In Transit" with a delivery of 30 June to the dealer. ;D
Do you have a rail car number? Without a rail car number your car hasn't been shipped.

My sales rep is off today, hopefully tomorrow he can track one down for me.

AZBoss302 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
AZBoss302 said:
Just got an update from the 800 number, my Boss is "In Transit" with a delivery of 30 June to the dealer. ;D
Do you have a rail car number? Without a rail car number your car hasn't been shipped.

My sales rep is off today, hopefully tomorrow he can track one down for me.
The 800 number can also get it for you. I'll call them in a few minutes. The reason why I bring it up is mine's been "In Transit" for a week with no rail car number. Your car has to move from ramp 51 to ramp 5P for shipping. My ETA was changed late last week to 6/30 and my build date was 6/8.

5 DOT 0

I called the 800 number again trying to find out where the car is, they said they can't provide me any other info than "In transit". My ETA also changed to June 30th, so I'm guessing we may be on the same Train (Your Cali, I'm AZ). Most likely were sitting in area 51 together..... :-\

5 DOT 0 said:
I hope I didn't bring you down the mood elevator. I've been following the shipping from the beginning and it's best to not get your expectaions too high until you have the rail car number.

Naaa, my mood elevator is still high. I already have my pre-approved financing through USAA, however it expires July 1st. So I'll have to re-apply (not really a big deal)........unless the car shows up on the 30th of June. I really don't expect that. Anytime in July will be fine with me. ;D

Boss2X said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Boss2X, Mike what's the status of your Boss, do you have it yet???

Just got a revised ETA. It has been revised from 6/20 to 6/22. Car is at Ramp 51, awaiting shipment. I must have seen it yesterday, way in the back, LOL. I did make another run out to AAI. VPC didn't have as many cars waiting this time. I did find an area of the lot that had quite a few Bosses parked together near VPC, but not that close either. Maybe quarantined for quality inspection?? They were all by them selves. I'll post pictures later. One thing I did notice this time. It was the lack of Kona Blue cars. I only saw two of them this time. One near VPC with the other cars parked together and one waiting to ship. I could just see the white roof on it. (Sorry, 5 Dot 0, no good photo ops for a KB Boss this time)

Mike

Did you see many YB bosses there ??!!

My ETA just got pushed out to 7/2, was originally 6/11, then 6/20, now 7/2. Build date was 6/9.

AZ
Naaa, my mood elevator is still high. I already have my pre-approved financing through USAA, however it expires July 1st. So I'll have to re-apply (not really a big deal)........unless the car shows up on the 30th of June. I really don't expect that. Anytime in July will be fine with me. ;D
[/quote]

I recently found this site and couldn't help but notice that I'm not the only one waiting for delivery. My CO was loaded on the rail 6/13 and heading to AZ.....finally. I was also told around the end of the month for pick up at the dealer. Do you have a rail #? Mine is ETTX711342. FWIW I also am pre-appproved through USAA and because my original delivery date was the middle of June, USAA said that if I went online and committed to the loan, there would not be a time limit. I went past the 30 days after approval but with the printed paperwork in hand, the transaction should be smooth. I hope ;D
John

My rail car number update has its last checkpoint as Gibson, Indiana - did not change today and no one could say if it was sitting or moving to the next checkpoint. They still have a week to get it to the dealer - so I think they can make it.

JBG said:

I recently found this site and couldn't help but notice that I'm not the only one waiting for delivery. My CO was loaded on the rail 6/13 and heading to AZ.....finally. I was also told around the end of the month for pick up at the dealer. Do you have a rail #? Mine is ETTX711342. FWIW I also am pre-appproved through USAA and because my original delivery date was the middle of June, USAA said that if I went online and committed to the loan, there would not be a time limit. I went past the 30 days after approval but with the printed paperwork in hand, the transaction should be smooth. I hope ;D
John
[/quote]

Welcome ;D Another CO heading to AZ......sweet!!

AZ
After reading about everyone's delays, it's been difficult to get excited about the delivery of my Boss. Just kinda figured it would show up someday. It took a week to get to Indiana and I guessed another 3 weeks to AZ but I heard from Ford and my dealer this am that as of 8:20 EST this morning, the vehicle was passing through Amasyard, Texas. OK.....I'm officially excited and looking forward to hitting the road ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors