• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VoodooBoss

Rick
Boss Ls said:
ordered Dec 14th 2010. 7 months is a long time when you can drive it all year long in socal, if you have the boss. I went to Barrett Jackson this weekend and talked to a sales executive from miller motorsports park. he said he could not give out much information but said the school is a one day event with a small fee for an upgrade to two days. You will be able to have two others join you in the school. I want my BOSS LS.
Do you consider $1K a small fee?

http://www.bosstrackattack.com/

JBG said:
After reading about everyone's delays, it's been difficult to get excited about the delivery of my Boss. Just kinda figured it would show up someday. It took a week to get to Indiana and I guessed another 3 weeks to AZ but I heard from Ford and my dealer this am that as of 8:20 EST this morning, the vehicle was passing through Amasyard, Texas. OK.....I'm officially excited and looking forward to hitting the road ;D

Ours must be on the same train, mine was in same place this past weekend. I figured out the AMASYARD was train jargon for Amarillo Switching Yard. Mine was updated today to NM which means it is in my state and will make the ETA (6/28) this week. You probably found out yours moved also. It would be nice if mine got to the location where it transfers from rail to truck today and then to the dealer tomorrow.

302BOB said:
Hey, you guys that have your cars built & are awaiting Delivery...I know the anxiety level is out the window for you guys, but at least your Boss adventure is about to be realized. Just think about us poor schmucks who have 3q & 4Q allocations & might not see their cars til next year! Hang in there boys...you're almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worse yet, you could be like this schmuck who can't afford to buy one... :'( Count your blessings.

;D Just heard from Deysha that my Boss has been loaded on a Truck for shipping today !!! I was worried that it would get caught up in this latest "quality hold".

I probably shouldn't get too excited though, might be another week, even if it's only a 6 hr drive from Flat Rock to Cincinnati !!!

-Scott

VoodooBoss

Rick
Gearhead31 said:
;D Just heard from Deysha that my Boss has been loaded on a Truck for shipping today !!! I was worried that it would get caught up in this latest "quality hold".

I probably shouldn't get too excited though, might be another week, even if it's only a 6 hr drive from Flat Rock to Cincinnati !!!

-Scott
Any idea what the quality hold is? I was just notified mine's on "ship hold" and our cars were built the same day. :'(

5 DOT 0 said:
Gearhead31 said:

-Scott
Any idea what the quality hold is? I was just notified mine's on "ship hold" and our cars were built the same day. :'(
Not really sure if it's a true quality hold, maybe it's just a shipping hold due to shortage of rail cars or transporters ?? Hope yours gets moving soon !! I've been following your and Boss2X's posts here and on TMS, since we were all built on the same day. I'm Cobra 2997 over on TMS.
My window sticker did say "convoy" instead of "rail", not sure if that makes any difference.

VoodooBoss

Rick
Gearhead31 said:
Not really sure if it's a true quality hold, maybe it's just a shipping hold due to shortage of rail cars or transporters ?? Hope yours gets moving soon !! I've been following your and Boss2X's posts here and on TMS, since we were all built on the same day. I'm Cobra 2997 over on TMS.
My window sticker did say "convoy" instead of "rail", not sure if that makes any difference.
The rail car shortage makes more sense since our cars were built on the same day. If there was a quality issue I don't think any of them would have been released. I just called FCS and my car hasn't been updated since 6/15 and my ETA is still 6/30. Right. They do not show any "stop ship" in their system but Deysha tends to have better intel.

I had a bad feeling about this all along so I'm not surprised.

It's here !!!!!!!! Swung by the dealer on my way back from a doctor's appointment, hoping on the chance that it showed up. It rolled off the transporter about 5 mins prior to me arriving.

Snapped a few quick crappy pics as I couldn't stay around and needed to get back to work. I don't think my sales guy even knows it's here yet !!

I'll post a few pics in a little while ...

Here's a link to the pics: http://s460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/gearhed31/2012%20Boss%20302/

VoodooBoss

Rick
Gearhead31 said:
It's here !!!!!!!! Swung by the dealer on my way back from a doctor's appointment, hoping on the chance that it showed up. It rolled off the transporter about 5 mins prior to me arriving.

Snapped a few quick crappy pics as I couldn't stay around and needed to get back to work. I don't think my sales guy even knows it's here yet !!

Cool. Get those photos posted! Mine had some movement today and was moved to ramp 5P. So maybe it will get shipped next week.

Gearhead31 said:

Dude,
What an amazing choice of colors! Looks really sharp! ;D

Gearhead31 said:

Here's a link to the pics: http://s460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/gearhed31/2012%20Boss%20302/

Congrats! Looks awesome- I love the yellow blaze and black combo.

MNG_BOSS302 said:
Ours must be on the same train, mine was in same place this past weekend. I figured out the AMASYARD was train jargon for Amarillo Switching Yard. Mine was updated today to NM which means it is in my state and will make the ETA (6/28) this week. You probably found out yours moved also. It would be nice if mine got to the location where it transfers from rail to truck today and then to the dealer tomorrow.

Yep, they were rail mates. Did yours make it to the dealer?? Got the call today that mine arrived and will be taking tomorrow afternoon off to pick up the new ride. It looks like the long weekend will be a whole lot more fun ;D

VoodooBoss

Rick
5 DOT 0 said:
Mine had some movement today and was moved to ramp 5P. So maybe it will get shipped next week.
I called FCS and confirmed my car did move yesterday. Unfortunately it was not moved to ramp 5P but "Returned to Plant". Great. They escilated it to their Customer Care Solutions Team but I may not hear anything until next Tuesday. Seems wierd that cars made the same day or the day after mine have been delivered but mine was returned to plant. Maybe mine got a bunch of bird poops on it or something and has to be repainted. :'( :'( :'(

5 DOT 0 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Mine had some movement today and was moved to ramp 5P. So maybe it will get shipped next week.
I called FCS and confirmed my car did move yesterday. Unfortunately it was not moved to ramp 5P but "Returned to Plant". Great. They escilated it to their Customer Care Solutions Team but I may not hear anything until next Tuesday. Seems wierd that cars made the same day or the day after mine have been delivered but mine was returned to plant. Maybe mine got a bunch of bird poops on it or something and has to be repainted. :'( :'( :'(
Unbelievable! I really thought yours finally was on the move to you. I just wonder if maybe it has something to do with the Kona Blue. Anyway, I feel your pain - I'd be going nuts. I'm almost convinced I should fly out to NoCal to help you celebrate when you finally have it in your driveway. In any case, I'll certainly be celebrating with you in spirit when that baby finally crosses your threshold! Perseverance my friend!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel