The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SOLD --- Selling my 2012 Boss 302 $29.9k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys and Gals,

I got the rug yanked out from under me at the really cool house I've rented for 11 years, so I'm determined to buy a house. I don't have a lot of time so I'm pricing the car to sell quickly. This car doesn't get the random misfire codes, or any codes for that matter. It also has a dealer replaced trans at 12k miles and I put the McLeod RST in so it shifts perfectly every time even at max RPM. I was planning on keeping it a long, long time but my circumstances have changed so it's time to go. Comes with all stock parts if wanted.

See here for more info: http://www.myclassiccars.net/forsale.html

20140415_150151_zpsbfa52da8.jpg

Re: Selling my 2012 Boss 302 $29.9k

Good luck! I don't think you will have a hard time selling at that price with the mods you have. As long as it is someone who was thinking of tracking anyways. Should we be watching the classifieds for those wheels/tires?

Bummer to see you sell your Boss but there will be other cars. I can verify everything Andy stated about this car and it's as solid as they get and ready for the track.

Thanks guys. The wheels are spoken for, but the original ones had I think 1 or 2 thousand miles on them when they were removed. I got them from fuhrius. I also have another set of original wheels (that came on this car) that I'm willing to split up for spares if anyone local wants them. I don't want to ship them. One has a bad curb ding and the others are pretty nice. They'd make good spares. $100 for the one with the ding, $200 for each of the others. Everything is in my garage in the South San Jose area.

I forgot to mention that the car comes with the owners package and the car cover. Also, it passed smog today so it's ready for DMV paperwork.

Andy, sorry to see the boss going away for you...but hope you find a great place to buy.

confirmed on the wheels...they were the stock wheels and tires on my boss before I bought a bunch of sets of the take-off tires from the track attack folks. they had less than 2k miles and were never tracked / auto-x'd / anything else.

I'd been looking to pick up a spare wheel / tire combo after feeling incredibly exposed recently using my boss as a dd (as I've done the last three years) and not having a spare tire. I wonder if either a front or rear wheel would be a suitable fit for a spare (ie. would it fit both front and rear if a spare tire were needed).

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Andy, (Fat Boss):

I am truly sorry to learn of your current housing situation and the sale of your Boss. I always had good memories of your post here and over there, as I always seemed to learn something new from you.

Your clutch replacement series of post was very interesting and led me to consider the same clutch if I go dual disc when my time comes for clutch replacement.

Wish you the very best and a quick sale for your Boss.
Kind Regards,
Dave
2HP

Thanks guys!

John- I don't know the answer, but for a spare I think I'd rather get a front. It's a little smaller and might be more likely to be damaged during a tight turn?

Dave- Thanks for the nice words! I've actually gotten over having to move. It'll be hard moving from "The Compound" aka "Mantown" into a cookie cutter suburban home, but it'll be mine and I can build up some equity and look for something out in the sticks so I can build a shop down the line. I changed careers from Operations to Engineering about 4 years ago and have since doubled my income so I'm on the right track and just need to tighten the belt for a couple years. And, I'm glad you learned stuff! That's a big part of what this forum is all about, but not as big of part as the folks you get to know on here!

Here's some pics of the compound I've lived at that's 30 mins from work. I've known that the future is not in my hands, but I always hoped it would happen "5 years from now" or something. :-\

I'm going to miss the Ford Truck Get Togethers I've had here over the years. And the toughest part might be leaving my favorite dog Daisy, buried under an old oak tree. :'(

G0010130_zps23a8cf9f.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

043_zps5377f4a5.jpg

20140531_140118_zpsf7fc92cd.jpg

DSC01600-1.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Sorry to hear about your housing situation... :(

Are the Drifts and R-s3 the wheels that are 'spoken for'?

Could you list all the stock parts and mods? I'm guessing I'd need a U-haul to get it all to back SoCal...but maybe it would all fit in the Explorer. Fly back and drive the Boss to Laguna Seca. Hrm... :-\

Grant-

The wheels are spoken for, unless a deal is worked out otherwise. Tom @ Global Auto Source aka CaliKR on this forum is planning on taking the wheels.

Take a look here for a list of most of the mods: http://www.myclassiccars.net/forsale.html

Additionally there are BMR LCA's and relocation brackets. And, if someone buys the car by actually showing up and towing it, or has room, there are a LOT of other random parts that I'll throw in. Including the full stock susp, engine breather can, filters, etc.

Last night I stuffed the interior panels and seats into the car, along with the package tray and OEM wing. That leaves room for a driver! I think you'd be able to stuff the rest into an Explorer. Better talk to Tom quickly if you're interested, there's another buyer trying to get shipping info and financing today.

Andy

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Thanks for the reply Andy. I'll PM for any other details if I can move funds, figure out the transportation and clear the garage space fast enough. I just saw this last night after I got back from Auto Club Speedway :(

And tomorrow is a bank holiday :( :(

Sounds good Grant. I'd rather sell the car to you anyway. And if you pick the car up in person you can pick and choose whatever you want to go with it. :eek:

Make sure you email Tom at his likes2drive address and let him know you're interested. I already texted him.

Andy,

First time I'm seeing this thread, although I saw your note on B2F.

What is the story on the "compound"? Is the owner selling or re-occupying the property?

Sad to see you selling the Boss Andy. Had a great time hanging with ya on various cruises.

So does this mean that I can change my name from Other Andy? ;D

CA302LS said:
Andy,

First time I'm seeing this thread, although I saw your note on B2F.

What is the story on the "compound"? Is the owner selling or re-occupying the property?

It's owned by the family of my college roommate. I always thought the worst case scenario is they'd want to sell before I could afford to buy. Turns out the daughter of one of the owners "always wanted to live in grandma's house." Apparently, that is the worst case scenario...

Fiddler49 said:
Sad to see you selling the Boss Andy. Had a great time hanging with ya on various cruises.

So does this mean that I can change my name from Other Andy? ;D

Thanks Andy. And, no, I'm just going in for an extended pit stop! I'll be back..

NFSBOSS said:
J-Rod says no! JK

I knew he's a good kid!

TMO Supporting Vendors