The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Starting with out the key switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys, I'm stripping out my car and caging it. need to remove the key switch and wire in a master switch, Ign switch and push button start just like the race carts.. For those of you who have done this, what did you do. I cant seam to get it to start with the master and the ING switch on. I push the button and nothing. I have power dash comes on key is close to the transponder yet nothing. Master power BU-RD is to the master switch on one pole by it's self I have Key in ING, BL-GY and Lock, WT-BN on the second pole also with ACC/Run VT-GN, Start/Run is off the second pole to the ING flip switch center panel. Push to start second pole to push button to Star BU-WH. Column lock is still in place. Help !!

UPDATE: I got it to start, I removed the Lock wire WT-BN and now it starts. It will only start with the key in place to unlock the column. how to start it with the lock in place ?

Here's the info on how I did mine.

You have to keep the key close to the small black box (PATS transmitter) that mounted on the steering wheel lock.
Or you can send the ECU to HP Tuner for them to disable the PATS.

Here's the info on how I did mine.

You have to keep the key close to the small black box (PATS transmitter) that mounted on the steering wheel lock.
Or you can send the ECU to HP Tuner for them to disable the PATS.

That's what I ended up doing, I ripped the transponder out of a backup key taped to the pats antenna and bang! it starts.

TMO Supporting Vendors