Top makes the most sense Strength, especially since you have red seats inside. Glad to be your interior director , also, but let's continue the red theme so your Stang is not only fast , it has great color coordination, ha! Like the schemes you have done, though might extend some of the red in broader swaths, and maybe a higher diagonal band across the back quarter?
What do all the suggestions mean, heck if I know , it just sounds like I know what I am talking about, ha?
PS - use a blue throw over the read passenger seat for complimentary contrast and extra pop for the insides!
Had a good time driving the car for a full weekend after the engine repair last fall. It is basically like learning a new car since I added about 50whp and a lot more torque.
I hit 2 new personal best times (one Saturday on Firestone Indy500s and one Sunday on the NT01s), but still not where I know the car can be.
A few things:
1. On Saturday (street tires) my best lap was a 1:48.9 which was a 4 second PB. When I looked at my AIM data, I the theoretical best was a 1:46.5.
2. On Sunday, my best time was 1:47.7 with a theoretical best of 1:45.0.
3. Traffic was bad as I was in a group that seemed appropriate at registration, but I should have checked to the Red group in Chin based on the fact that I barely got clean laps because of a lot of "slower" traffic. I made dozens of passes of many different cars over the weekend and wasnt passed once (first 5 mins of long video below).
4. Consistency: I need to really work on driving the car consistently at a higher limit. My times were way off the theoretical best lap.
5. I need to brake harder and get on accelerator quicker. My highest G reading under braking was 0.98 on 305mm NT01 and 0.89 on the 320tw 285mm Indy500's. That is unacceptable. Also lateral G force was high if 1.24 on NT01 and 1.19 on Indy500s. Again, unacceptable.
6. The suspension bits seem to be working together well. I still have my "sub par" rebound adjustable only coilover dampers set to their "as delivered" setting which is supposed to mimic a stock ride.
7. When I break through my mental barrier of limit, I should be pretty fast. I know I have to work on looking further ahead and picking out good track references and the consistency will come. I also have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable in the driver seat at a higher limit.
Overall the car was better than the driver and I drove home.
Enjoy and feel free to offer pointers.
Second session on Sunday with NT01s. Lots of passes in 1st 5 minutes of the clip.
"Best" lap from Sunday. I actually had a better lap 2 laps before this, but caught traffic at the beginning and mucked up the carousel at the end or it may have been a 1:45 lap.
I'm going back to MSRH in a few weeks and running CCW. Knowing I havent' done it in about a year and before some suspension upgrades, I sent a video of my best lap in that direction to Racers360.com for analysis.
I was matched with Nelson Mason and he is familiar with the track so he gave it a whirl.
Amazing what I learned in a 34 minute video. I am leaving a ton of time on the table in the corners.
Now I have some things to work on and hopefully will pick up a fair amount of time reduction next time out.
Welp. It is summertime in Texas meaning too hot to get good time at the track.
While I've been down, I've made and am in the process of making more suspension changes to get rid of slop and firm up the rear end.
Last time out, I broke a rear shock mount so I replaced them with BMR rear shock mounts.
I also made the decision to swap out the rear springs on my suspension. To do this, I decided to jump to 1300lb/in in the stock setup but with a twist. I got a set of adjustable spring perches from Mike Maier that allow widely available 2.5" coilover springs to be mounted in the stock location.
Since the springs will be stiffer, I've decided to remove the bind in the rear lower control arms so I'm installing the BMR BK055 rear lower control arm bearings.
With the stiffer springs, I'm going to reduce my rear sway bar back to the original GTPP unit.
Anyway, I'm on vacation next week so I hope to have this stuff installed and reviewed by end of month.