The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Switching seats airbag light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
You'll need to move the under seat wiring harnesses over and get a couple of Ford airbag delete connectors (modded) to do the job. Bonus points for pulling the passenger seat sensor and the sensor Module out of the passenger seat. All of it can be put under the seat, or quasi re-installed into the bottom of the replacement seats if you want to prevent all the codes.

I have a YT link that shows the process if interested.

Mad302 said:
Are there any adverse effects from your setup Gary. Will the car go into limp mode?
None at all. You just get the airbag light. I was told it only disables the airbags on the side where youndisconnect the seat. i.e. if you disconnect the driver seat, the passenger side airbags are still functional.

You'll need to move the under seat wiring harnesses over and get a couple of Ford airbag delete connectors (modded) to do the job. Bonus points for pulling the passenger seat sensor and the sensor Module out of the passenger seat. All of it can be put under the seat, or quasi re-installed into the bottom of the replacement seats if you want to prevent all the codes.

I have a YT link that shows the process if interested.

About to pull the premium edition vented seats on my 2016 GT and install fixed back Sparcos. Can you shoot me the details on the airbag delete connectors?

Thanks

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
I put the airbag delete connectors in my Boss, but could not find the equivalent for the S550.

The alternative on the S550, if you have a 5/6 point harness at the track is to disconnect the front impact sensors, on top of the radiator shield under the front of the hood.

With a harness, front air bags are more of a liability than a benefit. Not so if your using the stock seat belt.

TMO Supporting Vendors