The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The GT350R-C Race Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
No second lap first session again. Lost Friday and Sunday. Still had a great time with good friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And put down an eye popping 2:36 on your one and only day on the track #bighardware

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I'm a little disappointed to see the restriction is down to 58mm, as I read some where the TB was in the 84-86mm range on the new 5.2 voodoo. Anyone know the exact TB size?

I remember back in 2012 the Boss 5.0 was restricted and it lead to overheating problems.

Looks like they don't want a repeat of Boss dominance on the track that would upset the competition.

Dave
2HP

unrealford said:
3350lbs !!! I'm jealous
That's similar to the 302R/S cars. I don't expect much from the first race but it will be nice to see how it looks in it's natural habitat!

Austin
Awww yeah

http://racing.ford.com/series/road-racing/news/articles/2015/06/ford-performance-shelby-gt350r-c-to-make-imsa-competition-debut-.html

attachment.jpg

Weather is looking bad for both days this weekend at the Glen. Saturday they are calling for possible flooding. I might just have to go there on Friday to watch the practice runs!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
06mach1 said:
Weather is looking bad for both days this weekend at the Glen. Saturday they are calling for possible flooding. I might just have to go there on Friday to watch the practice runs!

bleh

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
http://multimaticmotorsports.com/team-debut-ford-shelby-gt350r-c-watkins-glen-weekend/

Team to Debut New Ford Shelby GT350R-C at Watkins Glen This Weekend
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Team to Debut New Ford Shelby GT350R-C at Watkins Glen This Weekend

MARKHAM, Ontario (June 25, 2015) – Courtesy of Miller Racing – The Multimatic Motorsports / Miller Racing team heads into Round 4 of the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge (CTSCC) at New York’s historic Watkins Glen International this weekend with new cars and high hopes.
The team will debut the brand-new Ford Shelby GT350R-C, with Scott Maxwell and Billy Johnson driving the No. 15 and teammates Jade Buford and Austin Cindric sharing the sister No. 158.

Following Round 3 at California’s Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on May 2, Maxwell and Johnson are tied for fourth in the drivers’ championship, with Buford and Cindric tied for eighth. In the team championship, the No. 15 currently lies in fourth place with the No. 158 in eighth.
Watkins Glen is the cradle of sports car racing in North America, having hosted its first race in 1948 on the streets of the village that sits at the southern end of Seneca Lake in Central New York’s picturesque Finger Lakes region. The competition moved to a temporary track in 1953, with the permanent track opening in 1956. The circuit was the home of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix from 1961-1980, and has also hosted the Can-Am, Trans-Am, Formula 5000 and CART Indy Car series.

The 3.4-mile, 11-turn track is a favorite for drivers, and the Multimatic/Miller squad is anxious to debut their new cars on it.
“It’s like Christmas Eve around here,” said Maxwell, “but the big present has been under the tree for months! I can’t wait to finally be able to drive the new Shelby GT350 R-C in racing conditions. Between Ford Performance and Multimatic Motorsports, we’ve accumulated hundreds of hours and thousands of miles of testing and developing, so a lot of hard work has gone into this car. I think eventually it will pay off, but we have a lot of competition and it is early days yet for this car. But I love Watkins Glen, so it should be a great weekend for all the Ford Mustang fans.”
“Watkins Glen is a fantastic and historic track,” said Johnson. “I always love racing here and am really looking forward to the race.”
“Heading into Watkins Glen I am very excited, because this will be the start of a list of several racetracks I have never raced on,” said Cindric. “This will be a new challenge for me. The No. 158 team is gaining more and more momentum each time we hit the track, and I look forward to what the weekend will bring!”
“I’m looking forward to The Glen,” said Buford. “It’s probably my favorite track to drive on the calendar. Hopefully Austin and I have a strong run and can come away with a positive result and maybe some hardware.”

The team’s new Shelby GT350R-Cs will hit the track for the first time on Thursday, June 25, with a 45-minute practice session, followed by another 45-minute practice session and a 15-minute qualifying session on Friday. The 2.5-hour race is scheduled to take the green flag at 12:25 p.m. EDT on Saturday.

In the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race on Sunday, longtime Miller Racing driver Ian James will be representing Miller Racing team sponsors Total Care Auto and 888DropMyRate in the No. 23 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT America in the GTD class. Following his second class win of the season in the previous race at Belle Isle in Detroit, he’s hoping for more success at Watkins Glen.
“The Six Hours of The Glen is an iconic race, and we are full of confidence after our recent win,” said James. “I love the track and the whole atmosphere at The Glen, and I’m looking forward to trying to stay on the podium. It will be fun to watch the new Shelby GT350R-C in the CTSCC race, and I am excited to see 888dropmyrate and Total Care Auto represented at the front of the field in both races.”

The TUDOR series will have two hours of practice on Friday, with another hour of practice and qualifying on Saturday. Their six-hour race is scheduled for 10:10 am EDT on Sunday.

Live streaming and timing and scoring from Watkins Glen will be available at www.IMSA.com. The CTSCC race will be broadcast on a tape-delayed basis on Fox Sports 1 at 10:00 a.m. EDT on Sunday, July 5, and the TUDOR race will be live on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 starting at 10:00 pm EDT on Sunday. IMSA offers mobile apps for both iPhone and Android platforms, available at Google Play and the App Store, respectively, which also provide live timing and scoring among other features.

For more information on Multimatic Motorsports / Miller Racing, visit the team’s websites at www.MillerRacing.com and www.MultimaticMotorsports.com. Fans are invited to follow the team on Facebook: www.facebook.com/roger.miller158 and www.facebook.com/MultimaticMotorsports or on Twitter: @millerracingUT and @MultimaticRace (team), @smaxwell27 (Scott Maxwell), @BillyJracing (Billy Johnson), @buforjm (Jade Buford), @AustinCindric (Austin Cindric) and @ijracer1 (Ian James).

Multimatic posted the specs on their website. What's interesting about this is last year at LS I was talking to one of their engineers about the GT350 having DSSV dampers. He led me to believe they would but he did refer to the race car. They are high tech dampers and one of the reasons why the street Z/28 is so awesome on track. Also note it's not running stock brakes, none of the race cars in the series do. No mention of which Tremec it's using but my bet is the same one the 302R uses.

Look for good things from the GT350 in 2016 and maybe even a championship. What I'll be looking for from the race car is not how fast it will be, I'm sure it needs more wheel to wheel time to get fully sorted out, but rather the reliability. The same was true with the BOSS 302R back in 2010.

http://multimaticmotorsports.com/multimatic-technical/2015-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r/

CHASSIS and SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Seam-welded and mass-optimized Shelby GT350 production unibody fitted with FIA-specification Roll-Over Protection System (ROPS)
Selected panels reproduced in lightweight composite
FIA-standard race seat
Five-point harness and lateral restraints
ATL 79.5 litre (21 US gallon) fuel bladder
FIA/IMSA-compliant fire suppression system
ENGINE
Naturally-aspirated Ford quad-cam, dry-sump V8 with flat-plane crankshaft, 5.2l displacement, assembled by Roush Yates Engines
Bosch MS5.0 ECU with engine calibration optimized for endurance racing
Stainless steel tuned Ford Racing exhaust
DRIVELINE
Tremec close-ratio, six-speed manual gearbox
Ford Racing adjustable-ramp limited-slip differential
ELECTRICAL
Bespoke MIL-spec, route-optimized wiring harness
MoTeC Power Distribution Module
Onboard MoTeC datalogger
BRAKES
Brembo four-piston front and rear calipers with fully-floating, slotted rotors (380mm front / 355mm rear)
Race-tuned Bosch ABS controller
SUSPENSION
Adjustable coilover MacPherson struts with race-specific bushings, ball joints and Multimatic DSSV® adjustable cartridge-type dampers
Rear multi-link with race-specific bushings, ball joints and Multimatic DSSV® adjustable dampers
Blade-adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars
WHEELS, TIRES, RUNNING GEAR
18×10″ BBS multi-spoke aluminum wheels

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel