The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire/wheel question S550 GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey gang I'm looking for Track wheels and tires. I would like to run 18 x 10's. What is everyone running and if you went larger why? I really don't want to run 19s or 18 x 11's, but open to all opinions. I'm enjoying the S550 so far, track event scheduled April 8 at ECR in Decatur, TX

Thanks Hack

Forgestar will make whatever you want. I run their CF5 in 18x10. I'll be getting either the APEX or another set of CF5s in 18x11 next year.

Do some research on tire sizes, you might be shocked to find that 19" might be easier to find the sizes you want.

DFW, TX
Hey gang I'm looking for Track wheels and tires. I would like to run 18 x 10's. What is everyone running and if you went larger why? I really don't want to run 19s or 18 x 11's, but open to all opinions. I'm enjoying the S550 so far, track event scheduled April 8 at ECR in Decatur, TX

Thanks Hack
Maybe some others can chime in as to whether they will fit, but there seem to be some bargains on Boss 302S BBS 18" wheels from Kohr motorsports.

I was instructed at ECR today! Three GT350s to only one previous generation Mustang.

ECR can be hard on brakes!

Good luck.

Forgestar will make whatever you want. I run their CF5 in 18x10. I'll be getting either the APEX or another set of CF5s in 18x11 next year.

Do some research on tire sizes, you might be shocked to find that 19" might be easier to find the sizes you want.

I've done some research and 18 x 11 or 19s seem to be the options to go with, just like to see what others have tried, but spending cash on 18 x 11s or 19 x 11s.

Maybe some others can chime in as to whether they will fit, but there seem to be some bargains on Boss 302S BBS 18" wheels from Kohr motorsports.

I was instructed at ECR today! Three GT350s to only one previous generation Mustang.

ECR can be hard on brakes!

Good luck.
Yep, I've been running ECR since 2012. That place eats brakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I always bring an extra set of pads and brake cooling is must in my experience.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel