The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO At The First GT350 Track Attack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks Gary. I think I am mostly packed now. See everyone tomorrow. Can't wait for some warmer weather. We had 2 inches of snow today with more tomorrow

I carry my helmet bag as my second carry-on...sometimes I'll put it in a large backpack and have room for other little things for the plane ride.

We'll see you guys at dinner tomorrow.

50Deep said:
Any of you guys driving? After looking at flights from CA to UT it's like a 5 hour trip each way! Driving was only 9.5 hours

I considered it but we have some good direct flights out of San Jose to the 'delta' (pardon the punn) is much greater. I still prefer driving to flying when I can make it work.

50Deep said:
Any of you guys driving? After looking at flights from CA to UT it's like a 5 hour trip each way! Driving was only 9.5 hours

It's the 9-hour drive back after two days of track shenanigans which most gives me pause.

drano38

Wayne
You guys have fun out there tearing up the track.
Looks like the weather will be good too.
Seems like just yesterday my family and I were there for the Boss program.

drano38 said:
You guys have fun out there tearing up the track.
Looks like the weather will be good too.
Seems like just yesterday my family and I were there for the Boss program.
Just hoping the rain stays away tomorrow afternoon 8)

cloud9 said:
Just hoping the rain stays away tomorrow afternoon 8)

Dont worry about a little rain!!!! On my 2nd day a BTA in the FR500, it rained in the morning. I was worried about the rain but the instructors were very encouraging about driving in the rain. They said it will be a great experience, we will put on the rain tires and go. At first it was a little intimidating but it was a very rewarding track time.

Agreed, NO Rain is best, but from my experience the rain added to the Awesome day/Experience at the BTA.

Enjoy the experience in the GT350

The weather forecast has been all over the map the past few days. Last night my local weather forecast radar included SLC and we should be fine. Maybe a few sprinkles Mon morning. No biggie as we won't be on track.

Driving on the track in the rain is about like playing golf in the rain....you can do it but at a significant reduction in performance. I can drive faster in my F150 in the rain ;) I have watched way too many wrecks in the rain so to me it's not worth it since I don't find it that exciting. Hopefully it misses us.

TMO Supporting Vendors