The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Video from the Shelby Bash 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a great event for all Mustang enthusiasts and ALL cars are welcome on the track. We had 2 days of open track with passengers allowed and point by passing at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. It's fun hunting down the Shelby's. The Good racing starts at the 5:15 mark. That AED tune with the CJ intake and SCJ throttle body blows right through 4th gear. All the torque I needed in 3rd and 4th gear to keep with cars that have 200+ more horsepower. That noise you hear is an over inflated tire on the KR in front of me coming apart, it was toast after this session. I ran the Hankook S3's at 25 lbs cold, they heated to 32lbs hot in 72 degree weather.

http://youtu.be/rWi-bETh0RY

Nice. That KR had some power on the straight but was no match in the turns. How high to you have your rev limiter set?

I never bounced it off the top this weekend but with the new AED tune i believe it's at 7800 like the Track key tune. I just asked Drew, I'll find out. You could grab 5th but it made me slower with the extra shift and down shift, those long corners were 80mph so you could come down the straight and back off a little early vs go for another gear. Shifting to 4th at 7000, running 4th to about 7200.

That was McGuirk we passed at about 5:20, that was Dankel in front then I passed him. Dankel had one of the corners down great, I'd Put a 2-3 second gap on him but he'd make it up but couldn't pass. Epic battle. He lost his tires, that's what you hear hitting the camera:):)

Rick, AED set the rev limiter to 8200 with this tune. They said keep it at 8000 to the best you can. Looking at my torque and HP chart it seems to max about 6800 and then still pulls but only slightly increases.

TMO Supporting Vendors