The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trans Cooling Scoop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most of us tracking our cars use it and its good for lowering trans temps on a hot day by 20+ degrees.

I was hoping 06mach1 could make one for us. Possibly one that has a shorter profile to avoid contact with bumps and elevation changes at the track.

Edit: Looks like it's ~$86 at Tasca, but they charge shipping. Looks like it's $99.32 shipped to my place, so not much of a difference, but you might save a bit more if you're closer to the dealer.

Also found it on Amazon for $99

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I don't know what the temps would be without it but I was seeing close to 300 fluid temp with it after a 35 minute session in 85 degree ambient temps earlier this year.
Follow the 302S fluid change intervals if you track your car regularly the trans and diff lube get very hot.
$99 to the door is a good deal, did you use LD14sale code at Steeda to get that price?
Steve

Tulsa, OK
I have it but I'm not sure how effective it is at lowering trans temps. Although, I have found it quite effective at picking up grass/dirt while offroading. Mine is pretty deformed now after banging it against some curbing on track. I may remove it...

F.D. Sako said:
I was hoping 06mach1 could make one for us. Possibly one that has a shorter profile to avoid contact with bumps and elevation changes at the track.

Edit: Looks like it's ~$86 at Tasca, but they charge shipping. Looks like it's $99.32 shipped to my place, so not much of a difference, but you might save a bit more if you're closer to the dealer.

Also found it on Amazon for $99

I don't think I could make it any cheaper than you can currently buy the scoop. I run the trans scoop and the only time I found it to be a little low was when I ran over a woodchuck (ground hog). And boy, was that a nasty mess under the car! The scoop looks to stick down about an inch. Any less than that it won't be picking up much air and at that point may not be worth installing..

Here's a tip: mine was clanging on the trans on rough roads. Put a piece of door edge guard from your local Pepzone on the back edge so your fancy car doesn't sound like a POS 94 Civic.

steveespo said:
I don't know what the temps would be without it but I was seeing close to 300 fluid temp with it after a 35 minute session in 85 degree ambient temps earlier this year.
Follow the 302S fluid change intervals if you track your car regularly the trans and diff lube get very hot.
$99 to the door is a good deal, did you use LD14sale code at Steeda to get that price?
Steve

Steve - Where can someone find this info? I'm interested in knowing how often I should be changing all my fluids once I start taking the car to the track regularly.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Shaun12 said:
Steve - Where can someone find this info? I'm interested in knowing how often I should be changing all my fluids once I start taking the car to the track regularly.

Shaun
I am sure one of the gang will post the 302S supplement PDF. I search my hard drive but couldn't find it. Trying google now.
Steve
Found it: http://www.fordracingparts.com/Download/BOSS302SPDFs/Boss%20302S%20owners%20manual%20version%20AV4.pdf

TMO Supporting Vendors