The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Waaaay OT: Rolling Stones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I was able to score at face value ($400 each) Rolling Stones tickets for Petco Park in San Diego for the opening of their tour next month.

Never have seen them in concert.

Seen a few of the "grandfathers of rock"- the Who, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles (more than once), Paul McCartney (multiple times), Elton John (multiple times), Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, George Harrison (long time ago...).

Any opinions on the Stones from fans here?

Thinking I should see them while they still have a pulse.

I'm not their biggest fan but have seen them a few times in concert. I was at the infamous L.A. Coliseum concert when Prince was booed off the stage. I'm not going to see them this time but they put on a great show. If it counts I ate at Mick Fleetwood's restaurant, Fleetwood's, a couple of weeks ago and had a fabulous meal. They had live music too including a bag pipe player.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
NFSBOSS said:
I was at the infamous L.A. Coliseum concert when Prince was booed off the stage.

That is unbelievable.

Would love to see Prince in concert. Now he is hobbling around on crutches because his religion forbids him, for whatever reason, from getting hip replacement surgery.

I saw them in 1989 on the "Steel Wheels" tour and was disappointed. Could have been a bad night for them, and it was a crappy venue (football dome in Atlanta), but once was enough, I won't be dropping bucks on them. I now call it the "Steel Wheelchair" tour. I love the younger Stones, in fact I was watching Gimme Shelter just the other night. Great film, and it shows the Stones at their best and Jagger's magnetism. Highly recommended.

I am seeing Rush in June. Now there is a band that is still 100% awesome. I'm also seeing Cheap Trick and Peter Frampton at the best concert venue on earth - Red Rocks.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
SpaceBoss said:
Did you see they are playing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway?

That may qualifiy in the Guiness Book of Records as the biggest concert venue in history?

At 40K peeps, Petco Park is WAY larger then what I am used to-absurdly large crowd...my friend who has seen the Stones many times says "it is the experience" of a stadium crowd that is special.

I am one of those grandfathers that saw about every band back in the day except the Stones. Finally saw the "Bridges of Babylon" tour in the mid 90's in St.Louis. I am not sorry I went but sure can't say it was great by any stretch. I think tickets were about $125 each which was a load considering I had probably never paid more than $10 for a ticket back in the day. I don't think I could enjoy the show now knowing the ticket cost $400. I wanted to see The Police again, 3-4 years ago, and floor seats in St.Louis was $1500. Needless to say, I passed.

At 61 my concert days are over, unless Pink Floyd tours again, but I don't think you'll regret going just don't expect too much and you'll be happy.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel