The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

so what other hobbies do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Always enjoyed working with wood. Here's a few of my projects old and new. Took three years of drafting and design all my own stuff. I haven't an artistic bone in my body so most of this stuff isn't too fancy.

Six Pack Carriers
View attachment 60574

Cornhole and Nok-Hockey
View attachment 60576

Built in Armoire
View attachment 60575

Dollhouse for my baby girl
View attachment 60577

Sleigh Bench
View attachment 60578

Cinder Block Bench
View attachment 60579

Deck at my old house
View attachment 60580
My grandfather could do anything with building materials, he migrated here from Sweden in the late 1800s, he was the contractor on the fire station I was assigned to, later, when they tore it down, I helped design the new one, he also poured the seaplane ramp at Coast Guard Station St. Petersburg. I, on the other hand, can't build a Lincoln Log cabin.. lol
My wife and I have 9 cats, 3 dogs and a squirrel, all rescues, we've fostered over 100 kittens as well. Fortunately we live on over 2.5 acres out in the sticks.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
My grandfather could do anything with building materials, he migrated here from Sweden in the late 1800s, he was the contractor on the fire station I was assigned to, later, when they tore it down, I helped design the new one, he also poured the seaplane ramp at Coast Guard Station St. Petersburg. I, on the other hand, can't build a Lincoln Log cabin.. lol
My wife and I have 9 cats, 3 dogs and a squirrel, all rescues, we've fostered over 100 kittens as well. Fortunately we live on over 2.5 acres out in the sticks.
Good for you and your wife, fostering is tough work, I would fail, as in I probably wouldn't be able to let them go.
I remember Lincoln Logs, we would you the roof pieces for catapults to launch the smallest pieces at forts we built, mom wasn't impressed.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dear old racer, so what books do you take with you when you wander out into the woods , desert, etc. ? Sorry, I could not resist as you said you were an avid " Off Reader " and since I love to read I could not stop the temptation to drop this note?

Seriously , we know what you meant and do you usually go into the desert or mountains to disappear into the pristine areas of the Country few can often get too. I imagine when you do finally get to some spots , the solitude could make it a great place to relax and read a good book. Cool set up and thanks for sharing.

1 old racer

Too blessed to be stressed and old track whore,
Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
hahahhaha, I post most stuff from my cell phone. Between auto correct and fat fingers I have seen all sorts of bad grammar and spelling misses. When we go off roading/camping we like the Anza borrego area lots of interesting land marks to see out there. In the spring the wild flowers are beautiful. As far as reading, my wife is the avid reader. Thank God for Kindle because we have two of our family room and one bedroom walls full of book cases and books stuffed tight in every space.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I'm digging the shirt
This was a "Rock and Roll" themed corporate party at the Bentley Reserves San Francisco, so they told us to play it up.
It was really cool, the place was professionally decorated from ceiling to floor with guests and servers alike dressed in rock and roll attire.

I spend a fair amount of time training with my local volunteer fire department. I'm a "first responder" in my neighborhood, though I only beat Cal Fire to the scene by at most 4 or 5 minutes. More importantly, I use my base station radio to relay info from my friends in the department to the Cal Fire dispatch Emergency Command Center. Our hand held radios don't go that far so they use Slack to IM info to me and I radio it in to Cal Fire. It's actually very beneficial to have that capability.

I get to keep one of these "brush rigs" at my house. They have a few hundred gallons of water on board and a three cylinder diesel engine driving a large pump. I can pump 200 PSI of water through 500 feet of 1.5" hose no problem.

80-r5_r6_a8864e9bad33dbe9cfb0b9f4fb6c80d91763eedd.jpg

I spend a fair amount of time training with my local volunteer fire department. I'm a "first responder" in my neighborhood, though I only beat Cal Fire to the scene by at most 4 or 5 minutes. More importantly, I use my base station radio to relay info from my friends in the department to the Cal Fire dispatch Emergency Command Center. Our hand held radios don't go that far so they use Slack to IM info to me and I radio it in to Cal Fire. It's actually very beneficial to have that capability.

I get to keep one of these "brush rigs" at my house. They have a few hundred gallons of water on board and a three cylinder diesel engine driving a large pump. I can pump 200 PSI of water through 500 feet of 1.5" hose no problem.

View attachment 60603
I had forestry certs as well

Most of my time is spent hanging out with my two little boys ( the oldest is 3.5 and the youngest is 2)
But I did get the oldest into slot car racing he enjoys it and likes when I you tube the cars that we have to see the real ones. None of mine are as nice as yours @blacksheep-1 butnyou know there learning to try and keep them on track lol. I also like to go fishing when time is available took the boys out for the first time this year and they loved it! Unfortunately I work a lot I’m a pipeline welder and that takes up most of my time so when I am home I try to spend as much time with my wife and kids. And with the way things seem to be going I might be home a lot but we will see.

Small engine repair, more specifically chainsaws is one of my hobbies. This is my favorite ground up builds. Stihl 038 Super (67cc) converted to a 038 Magnum (72cc's) . Ported, polished, custom stickers with my chainsaw forum name, paint job, timing advance and muffler modification.KIMG0272.JPG
Holding good toms with a 25 inch bar in red oak.
Poulan 3450 (54cc) Frankensaw. Shoehorned an 038 Magnum piston and cylinder in it - required extensive modifications to make fit and function. Built it just because.... 67 or 68cc 12 pound saw to play with. Less than 72cc because of a stroke difference.
KIMG2429.JPG

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
IMG_20181121_061349.jpg

I also read a lot. Like, a lot. Mostly history and economics because I'm a boring nerd. I always wanted to get into woodworking and they even have fully equipped woodshops on the bases I've lived, I just never could get into it. Lots of respect for you guys who can go out and build stuff.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
View attachment 60633

I also read a lot. Like, a lot. Mostly history and economics because I'm a boring nerd. I always wanted to get into woodworking and they even have fully equipped woodshops on the bases I've lived, I just never could get into it. Lots of respect for you guys who can go out and build stuff.
Much respect to everyone who serves this great country.

Bay Area
Buy
I have a lot of customers in California and considering the drought and the unbelievable fires they have had this year, I felt my hobby was to support all of them, so I am purchasing wet products from NAPA, Sonoma, Ynez, Temecula , Russian River , St. Helena, and Mendicino. With all the fine folks on TMO from California I just feel it is my civic duty to help their economy. Cheers!
Bill are you buying up all the vino? Haha

Bay Area
Yes that's my Corgi, Ray. Had him 11+ years, he was a rescue just like the two others in the photo. He was my garage buddy. Biggest small dog you can find.
Unfortunately Ray had developed DM which slowly robs the dog the use of his legs, no pain though. He survived about 18 months. A Trooper right to his last breath.
Sorry about you Corgi. I have three of those little big dogs. My dog that could have been a show dog has idiopathic seizures and is 8. We hope he makes it for awhile because he’s a great garage queen. Haha

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Byron, had to slow down on the Vino, my son thinks Sriracha is a necessary condiment, so had to assist another California treasure getting him enough to last for a month or so, ha.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Byron, had to slow down on the Vino, my son thinks Sriracha is a necessary condiment, so had to assist another California treasure getting him enough to last for a month or so, ha.
so YOU'RE the guy buying up all the sriracha sauce...leave some for us Italians, we need the hot sauce to keep out blood warm.

TMO Supporting Vendors