The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing Roll Bar Group Buy #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK OK OK....You talked me into it. I took BMO's advise and told my wife that I wanted a roll bar for my safety and can save $170 bucks. She said NO. I asked but why, i'll save 170.00 and be able to survive a roll over. She said again...NO. I said to her that I dont get it. She then said thats because your worth more to me dead than alive with all the insurance you have. But I love you and want to keep you so go get it. I said thanks and should I be sleeping with one eye open...She laughed and never answered me. :eek:

Hello Red Watson Roll Bar. ;D

Ha, awesome. At least she caved. I bought a NEW open boxRoush grill for $41 on ebay. Told my wife it was the first Roush part I would have on the Boss and she said "isn't your exhaust Roush?" I picked a good one ;D

The only misgiving I have is screwing with the interior on a two-track-day/year car...plus I want to spend money on the Blowfish Racing shifter mount... Someone help me make up my mind!

Georgia
WinterSucks said:
The only misgiving I have is screwing with the interior on a two-track-day/year car...plus I want to spend money on the Blowfish Racing shifter mount... Someone help me make up my mind!

I average not much more than that, but... I really like mine, looks soooo cool, the back seat is all but worthless for adults, everything is easily reversible ( I even bought another set of interior panels to modify, kept the originals in the boxes the new one's came in), I really like having the 6-point harness to plant my butt in the seat (I know, you can get one of those harness bar thingy's, just not the same), not sure if it has helped body flex, but I am sure it didn't hurt it either, etc., etc. ;)

WinterSucks said:
Ha, awesome. At least she caved. I bought a NEW open boxRoush grill for $41 on ebay. Told my wife it was the first Roush part I would have on the Boss and she said "isn't your exhaust Roush?" I picked a good one ;D

I have the Blowfish bracket.

Wifey dosent know about the bracket...Hush 8)
Get the bracket and you can thank me after you stop smileing. Worth every penny! the shifter bracket works everytime you shift. The bar works only when you roll over.
If I didnt have the bracket the bar would be next year. I made the right choice to be a tester and have a Boss that shifts like it should!!!

I don't think I have heard anyone even make a nuetral statement about Steve's shifter mount. Is there a chance there will be another group buy of the bar next year? It's too big to hide in the basement :)

WinterSucks said:
I don't think I have heard anyone even make a nuetral statement about Steve's shifter mount. Is there a chance there will be another group buy of the bar next year? It's too big to hide in the basement :)
I wouldn't count on another group buy but I didn't think we would have this one so who knows. Regardless it's very affordable at full price and an excellent value. Not to mention the quality and design are outstanding.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
WinterSucks said:

Savings on the bar 'pay' for over half the bracket after the pre-sale price ends.

Save 170 on the bar or 70 on the bracket now...

I'm sure that doesn't help! 8)

I have made up my mind. Maybe I will hide it in my fathers tractor shed. I just have to decide on red vs black. How close is the red to Race Red? Pictures never show color properly indoors under fluorescent lights.

NFSBOSS said:
Confirming the silver/gray is in stock and ready for immediate shipping. The red should be available for shipping around August 15th. This will probably be the last time this is offered so don't wait.

Here's the info on the roll bar group buy:

Bar price: $715 (Retail on red is $885)
Shipping: $125
Carpet kit: Free shipping with a roll bar purchase. They can ship it in the roll bar box.
Group buy ends: August 11th
Phone: 734.759.0555 x-209
email: [email protected]
Or
John Phillips
[email protected]

Any up date on shiping. I ordered a red bar.

called Patrick...
These should be shipping by the end of the week! Thanks again for your patience, please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

Red roll bar arrived today......Next is the X-brace with rear seat delete.
Boy this is one $$$$$ mod. All in the name of SAFETY ;)

I don't have a Hans yet so that is why I wanted the ASM. Or I can just wait for harnesses until I get a Hans. I am trying to curb my spending lol. I could drop 2-3k and be done except for consumables and be very happy.

TMO Supporting Vendors