The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Took the insurance off today after topping off the tank with fresh straight 91 minus the ethanol. Sitting on alignment rack waiting for a fresh polish job this weekend. Then car cover time till March.

drano38

Wayne

Walked past the Boss in the garage, to the garden tractor and rotatory broom to clean today's snow off the driveway. :(
Pushing to 0 degrees for lows this week, so with snow and cold, Boss driving may be done until spring.

302BOB said:
"Wintersucks" has that name tag for a good reason.

I try to drive my Boss all year long as long as the roads are dry.Had a good ride with my son (in his FRS) this weekend.

Sigh... Pretty sure today is the last day I will have her out and about. 4th gear on the highway at 70 with the windows down and heat blasting was fun 8)

Nothing radical... Koni yellow's with H & R race. Max. Motorsports adj. front sway bar. Adjustable front sway links. Steeda rad. support (Thanks Swiss Boss). Team Dynamics 18 x 10 & RS3's. Track day Friday! Pretty big change. Should be interesting. Sorry no GT350 for me. I'm sure they will be faster and look forward to seeing yours Rick, but I love my old Kona #576. Keeps getting better with age.

576 said:
Nothing radical... Koni yellow's with H & R race. Max. Motorsports adj. front sway bar. Adjustable front sway links. Steeda rad. support (Thanks Swiss Boss). Team Dynamics 18 x 10 & RS3's. Track day Friday! Pretty big change. Should be interesting. Sorry no GT350 for me. I'm sure they will be faster and look forward to seeing yours Rick, but I love my old Kona #576. Keeps getting better with age.
You'll be waiting a while as I don't plan on buying one until the second year and production is a year off. I'm still having so much fun with my Boss it should be illegal. Actually it would be if on public roads. ;)

Excellent! That gives you time to get the Cortex set up, use it for a while and pass it on to me when you get bored. Ha Ha!

Went to EuroSunday with the car, on the way home played with a Vette, couldn't figure out why he backed off ( he was trying to follow me) when I realized we were doing....well, I hate to incriminate myself, let's just say way too fast. :)

Cleaned my steering wheel with a cloth and tooth brush. Absolutely amazed that it basically restored the wheel to new.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Minimized insurance today. Also got my bent rear right axle shaft replaced. Low and behold the small vibration I've had since the day I picked up the car disappeared.

Looking like Watson roll bar will be ordered after vacation here too :) project race car. Pete will be happy I'm adding some weight to the mustang.

Oh and need my "papa smurf" decals soon too

Bay Area

Did a lot today.

Got 18" rims powder coated matte black, should have them tomorrow.
Installed brake duct kit
Installed splitter support, didn't install splitter because I won't be able to get in and out of the driveway.
Next either raise the Boss or fabricate a flat bridge to get rid of the dip between the road and my driveway.

Now I need the sunshine so I can detail her.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

byronj said:
Did a lot today.

Got 18" rims powder coated matte black, should have them tomorrow.
Installed brake duct kit
Installed splitter support, didn't install splitter because I won't be able to get in and out of the driveway.
Next either raise the Boss or fabricate a flat bridge to get rid of the dip between the road and my driveway.

Now I need the sunshine so I can detail her.

Would you recommend the shop you used for the powder coating?

I'd need to do the same to my driveway to go any lower or mount a bigger splitter. I'd probably use rigid insulation foam.

Grant 302 said:
I'd need to do the same to my driveway to go any lower or mount a bigger splitter. I'd probably use rigid insulation foam.
My neighbor has one of these so he can get his Z06 with a SC in and out of his driveway. My WC splitter does not scrape going in and out of my driveway but it clears by an ant hair.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/curb+bridge.do?code=FROOGLE&gclid=CjwKEAiA1-CjBRDOhIr_-vPDvQYSJAB48SmEJh9JZvghz50Tw2jJfUXv-zf8phQWX9rXctOddpsiEhoCM5Hw_wcB

69040_FAM?$detail$.jpg

Bay Area

Grant 302 said:
Would you recommend the shop you used for the powder coating?

d

Hey Grant, I am getting mine done for free by a company that does high end doors. I Will post up pics when they are done. If you're close to me I could hook it up.

The is also a shop in Escondido that I have used and they do a great job. I'll have to get back to you on the name and number of that place.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel