The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• EEDDCC42-F47F-489A-B925-3EA8FBEAEBC0.jpeg
    EEDDCC42-F47F-489A-B925-3EA8FBEAEBC0.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Nice addition!! And nice find on the sequential VINs!
B9849_D4_E-21_A9-4_EE5-9365-79_D77105_BF34.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Hit the 8K mark on the Boss. Will add a few more miles today as well as temps hit 55F and should be a full sunny day out here in the Rockies. Heard a bit of a metal on metal creaking sound up front while turning the wheel sharply at low speed so I broke out the grease gun and lubed all the zerk fitting front and rear. Didn't take much grease but the sound did go away. I went through this last July as well and am since I'm not putting a lot of miles on the car, I'm not sure what's going on. I'll have to get under her again today to do a more thorough inspection.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Hit the 8K mark on the Boss. Will add a few more miles today as well as temps hit 55F and should be a full sunny day out here in the Rockies. Heard a bit of a metal on metal creaking sound up front while turning the wheel sharply at low speed so I broke out the grease gun and lubed all the zerk fitting front and rear. Didn't take much grease but the sound did go away. I went through this last July as well and am since I'm not putting a lot of miles on the car, I'm not sure what's going on. I'll have to get under her again today to do a more thorough inspection.

Could be the hydro-bushing on the A-arm(s). Both of mine in the FakeR have made terrible creaking noise. Passenger side did it last May on a cool, humid night. The driver side did it in November on a foggy ~60º morning but also made loud popping (slip-stick) sounds on top of the creaking. Later in that drive I went though patches of fog, and the noise would stop when I left the fog patch and came back when I hit the next one. Both have been quiet since even after going through fog at the exact same temp range.

Washed it, installed a 270mm flat broadway mirror.

Started looking at areas of where to mount my fire extinguisher.

Even though i just started going to the track last year, i may take this year off and focus on my house, and our wedding.

Installed new McLeod RST clutch, flywheel and throw out bearing, Ben Claimer stage 1 transmission, FRPP 1 piece drive line, Kenny Brown K member and lower front control arms, Kooks long tubes, green cats with Magnaflow exhaust, separate clutch master cylinder reservoir along with a stainless steel clutch line. It was a busy week.
Next up, rebuild the calipers and install stainless steel brake lines, new Baer Eradispeed rotors and new brake pads.

Serviced rear diff, replaced upper control arm and mount with a BMR setup on Sat, track day yesterday, then mocked up 19x11s up front and ordered a set of spacers.

Today I started a splitter project by tracing out the stock outline on some cardboard. I plan to extend it back to the front suspension and hang the rear off the frame. Planning it to be a relatively easy on/off deal at the track. We'll see.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Replaced my front wheel bearings with fresh FRPP ones with ARP studs. Smashed my fingers up pretty good installing the driver's side one. Be careful out there! :)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sat in my car for about 20 minutes pondering all the changes I had planned for this winter and went over costs and hours needed to complete the upgrades.
It's a daunting list...so far, I've managed to complete nothing.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I know we all have goals we hope to achieve.....just hope for the best and let life take care of the rest....;)

I keep going back to the fact that this is all negative cash flow. There is no prize money. Ever.
How important is it to me to go X amount faster? Even if I did all the mods and bought all the upgraded safety equipment and licensing to run a NASA or SCCA program and somehow managed to win every single event, the income would be exactly the same amount of zero. That’s about the time I consider just selling or parting the car out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors