The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
My "Sweet Lorraine" is going square. Ordered a set of Apex EC-7, ET52 - 19x11 all around in Satin black. These will be covered by some Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 305/30-19s. Got a pair of Optimum Performance 25mm hub centric / wheel centric spacers for clearance up front.

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Happy Easter Everybody!

Traded it in today:
69e2183fdcf248daa48b9b1017245d9e.jpg

Taking the Boss out for a ride this afternoon before more bad weather (snow to rain) moves in tomorrow.Boss really needs a good cleaning!!! Patiently waiting for Spring weather to arrive.Wind chill values in the 20's today.....:eek:

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Going in for first ever dealership service since new (do my own oil changes and maintenance) for airbag recall and replacement track key.

drano38

Wayne
The brown truck delivered my Exedy Hyper Single EH06SD1 clutch yesterday.
I set it on the trailer, beside the Boss that's still hibernating under the car cover.
Forecast is 4-6" of snow Sunday nite, so not coming out of the garage for a while. :(

Grant 302

Out for breakfast yesterday with some friends:
41322775621_21c7037c19.jpg

Needed a break from in-laws! ;)

ace, let me know how that airbag recall goes..I still have to do mine one of these days....I hate going to a dealership.............

Yeah, that. My driver side didn't take long for the FakeR. Under 30 minutes. Not looking forward to doing both for the Boss.

Grant were you at Pacific City?

G-loc pads and new Centric rotors went on in prep for the track next weekend.
First time on dedicated track pads and already I can notice how much better they feel, even with the non-brembo calipers.
Can't wait to try them out at speed.

Now that I have an extra set, I can just swap back to the street pads and older rotors afterwards.

Discovered my left rear caliper was stuck (piston won't thread back into the caliper all the way)...replacing that later this week along with an oil change.
Piston compresses almost all the way back in, then feels like threads skipping and it just spins without going in the rest of the way.
Unless anyone has any ideas, I feel better just replacing, as I have dealt with a seized rear caliper on my 2000 GT which wasn't fun.

Grant 302

Grant were you at Pacific City?
Nope, down in Aliso...haven't been out there yet, but I often take out of town visitors to Duke's across the street. Any restaurant recommendations for Pacific City?

Discovered my left rear caliper was stuck (piston won't thread back into the caliper all the way)...replacing that later this week along with an oil change.
Piston compresses almost all the way back in, then feels like threads skipping and it just spins without going in the rest of the way.
Unless anyone has any ideas, I feel better just replacing, as I have dealt with a seized rear caliper on my 2000 GT which wasn't fun.

If there's any problem with retracting the piston, I'd recommend replacing unless you are comfortable tearing it apart and diagnosing the issue. I'm conservative and would rather have a new part in there when it comes to brakes. So if it doesn't easily go back to 'flush' when you turn the piston, I'd suspect an internal issue. Especially if it feels different from the other side.

Ola Mexican Kitchen is pretty good in Pacific City. I honestly don't go to Huntington Beach area much at all.

Yes, the right rear piston went back in flush, easily with no issues.
I'm just gonna replace the left, not like they are very expensive and it's worth the piece of mind like you said.

If anything, I'll have an extra core and can take apart the old one when I have more time.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Total fail on attempted service last Friday. After calling 3 times to setup appointment to order the right parts (air bag and red key) I show up Saturday to pickup the car, and hear this. "Uhh sorry, we didn't have the right part number for the airbag recall, the ones we have are the wrong ones" Um, ok, did you program the new track key? Uh no, we didn't get that either. There will be no rescheduling of an appointment with these guys as they are closing their part and service departments permanently! I wonder why?? I did get to see the used GT-350 they had on the lot and found a cool local farm to table restaurant nearby, so it wasn't a total waste of time.

FYI be prepared to have your VIN # when you call for appointment so they can order the right airbag. Just tried to reschedule service elsewhere but am at work and don't have my reg handy, will have to go through my iphone pix to find a copy.

TMO Supporting Vendors