The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Took in the BossS to have Joe ( Performance Ford Tech and Viper Tech at Woodhouse) to install my front splitter, adjust the Recaro seat , do a Track Alignment and corner weight, install new Harness belts, flush and fill the brake lines, mount one set of tires, etc. . Was cool to unload at the Dealership ,as starting up the BossS brought out most of the Salespeople and Techs at our store ( keep in mind this is the largest Ford Truck Store in the World ). That was cool for me. as have never seen a reaction like this from any of my cars in the 25 years I have been here! With the Cobra Jet intake, throttle body and GT 500 rear exhaust it will wake up the dead ----- or better yet, make all the Corvettes across the street at a competitive Dealership shake in fear and envy!

Loaded my Pirelli Slicks in my truck so they can be mounted on my new Apex rims early next week!
Took in the BossS to have Joe ( Performance Ford Tech and Viper Tech at Woodhouse) to install my front splitter, adjust the Recaro seat , do a Track Alignment and corner weight, install new Harness belts, flush and fill the brake lines, mount one set of tires, etc. . Was cool to unload at the Dealership ,as starting up the BossS brought out most of the Salespeople and Techs at our store ( keep in mind this is the largest Ford Truck Store in the World ). That was cool for me. as have never seen a reaction like this from any of my cars in the 25 years I have been here! With the Cobra Jet intake, throttle body and GT 500 rear exhaust it will wake up the dead ----- or better yet, make all the Corvettes across the street at a competitive Dealership shake in fear and envy!
Bill:
Congratulations on your promotion and Concierge title.
Thanks for your good car/ tire advice and for the birth of my GT350R on the 7th. (In Dearborn!)
Funny how birth and delivery can be many weeks apart.
Enjoy your new working hours.
BTW My avatar is a real FR500C- 027

My stupidity allowed my silver key to walk off. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement? My Red Key is programmed; any problems with losing the Track Key Program?

I don't think so.

This was posted many moons ago but it's a good idea to buy a regular programmable key. If you have two keys you can program a third. That works well in situations where you lose a key.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Started installing a set of lowering springs, 5300 T set from Ford. Volshlag caster camber plates & 18x11 Apexs wrapped with Falken 615+, 295/40-18's. Have some other bits to throw on the rear when the front is finished. Sure envy the guys with coil-overs. Those front springs are a real wrestling match with the spring compressors. I rarely had to work on strut suspensions, one of the benefits of working on medium and heavy duty trucks. I still have all my fingers!

TMO Supporting Vendors