The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Returned from a week up in Seattle. Went to the Mecum auction yesterday and have a crawfish boil today. Tomorrow is Boss day for me to get the car ready for AutoX up in Steamboat Springs next Friday. Need to change out the wheels and tires, change out the fluids and check every nut and bolt on the car. I've neglected the car too much lately and if you hear rumblings rolling down off the Rocky Mountains this Sunday, I'll apologize now for the cuss words from the busted knuckles I anticipate.

US
Had to change out the rear shocks on my tow vehicle today.
I had my new continental slicks mounted on my rims. Had them balance the rims first, then Mount the slicks. Because the rims are cheap, they usually have spotty balance.
Unboxed my separate clutch fluid reservoir and my boss 302S lower rear control arms. Next items to go on!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Returned from a week up in Seattle. Went to the Mecum auction yesterday and have a crawfish boil today. Tomorrow is Boss day for me to get the car ready for AutoX up in Steamboat Springs next Friday. Need to change out the wheels and tires, change out the fluids and check every nut and bolt on the car. I've neglected the car too much lately and if you hear rumblings rolling down off the Rocky Mountains this Sunday, I'll apologize now for the cuss words from the busted knuckles I anticipate.
Tyme hope you enjoy your crawfish dinner.Hope those nuts are OK..;) and hope you you have a good run down that mountain! Keep your baby up to speed!!!!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
Over the weekend I changed the oil, installed the Blowfish Racing front tow hook and Whiteline transmission mount bushing, and swapped to my track brakes and wheels/tires for my track day at Fontana/ACS on Sunday. Oh and changed the cabin air filter lol.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tyme , get that Winter Air out of them tyres , and get Summer Air in them ------ and have fun in Steamboat Springs, the Event you are going to is on my bucket list someday . Course, I would have to tag along with you to do most of the stuff, since a Boss 302S would not be legal to do much, except the Autocross.

Last edited:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Sent the car off to the local race shop for installation of a 26-gallon ATL fuel cell, rear closeout bulkhead, and Optic Armor rear lexan...

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Finished installing the new wheels, tires and suspension parts I've been collecting. Squared up the alignment today. Took it for a run to get everything settled in. Go over all fasteners and recheck alignment tomorrow. Then its off to first run of the year on Saturday, weather permitting. Lets see if the car improvements help or if I'm the problem:).

Installed separate clutch reservoir.8364b2c046a2f9a50835b7cc487e78f1.jpge6715902272ef90b77272b96d89d7de7.jpg

I like your reservoir solution/installation.

Anyone contemplating this mod remember to source the cap for the nipple on the brake res that is compatible with the fluids.

Probably not a necessary reminder with this group but thought I’d highjack your clean installation just in case.

I like your reservoir solution/installation.

Anyone contemplating this mod remember to source the cap for the nipple on the brake res that is compatible with the fluids.

Probably not a necessary reminder with this group but thought I’d highjack your clean installation just in case.

I purchased the automatic brake reservoir….no nipple to cap.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Installed Boss 302S lower control arms. HPDE next weekend. Putnam Park in Indiana.230678c3659ca5dab99a3966c8e91b40.jpg

I would probably move those arms up one hole in the bracket or you are going to get a lot of rear roll steer. Could be worth running it like it is to see if you like it but the rear will want to come around more.

US
I would probably move those arms up one hole in the bracket or you are going to get a lot of rear roll steer. Could be worth running it like it is to see if you like it but the rear will want to come around more.

It looks steeper than it really is because the rear is hanging down. ( I do have some lowering springs on the car) I will give it a try this next weekend though. There was so much flex in the stock lower arms, I am curious how this compares now. I will try all 3 holes over the weekend. Its nice to have that option and get to see if I can feel which is best. I appreciate the advice/ help!!
Lee

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
It looks steeper than it really is because the rear is hanging down. ( I do have some lowering springs on the car) I will give it a try this next weekend though. There was so much flex in the stock lower arms, I am curious how this compares now. I will try all 3 holes over the weekend. Its nice to have that option and get to see if I can feel which is best. I appreciate the advice/ help!!
Lee
Sure, sounds like a good plan. Typically the lower the hole on the LCA bracket, more on-throttle traction, but also more roll-steer. I usually have mine in a "middle" setting. You can use this to tune the handling of the car to a certain type of track. Usually I would consider using the lower holes for tight "point & shoot" tracks with few high-speed sweeper sections.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel