The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Finished installing my Watson roll bar… and then removed it. Had help from my 2 "Supervisors". Booster seats for a 4 & 6 year old don't work well with no rear seats. Great product. Plan to install for track days and remove otherwise. Only do 4 or 5 days a year. What can I say say? The Boss 302 is a great family car!

576 said:
Finished installing my Watson roll bar… and then removed it. Had help from my 2 "Supervisors". Booster seats for a 4 & 6 year old don't work well with no rear seats. Great product. Plan to install for track days and remove otherwise. Only do 4 or 5 days a year. What can I say say? The Boss 302 is a great family car!
I'm installing mine next weekend if you want to stop by and supervise. ;)

Did you cut the plastic side panels or leave them out?

I'm did not cut the side panels. I plan to just remove them for track days and then reinstall. Everything fits nicely over the hardware added for the Watson bar. Looks completely stock. I will say that I did have do some trimming here and there on the plates for the rear bar, but every car is different. Expect to take some time to fit it properly. End result is definitely worth the effort. I ended up enlarging the holes in roll bar slightly for some additional wiggle as well. This may be a result of how I received the bar at my door. It was literally in an opened box with no hardware. I don't believe any damage occurred to it. Measured up square and did not have visible markings. Watson was great in refunding the shipping and sending out the install hardware after documenting the arrival condition. Overall an easy, yet relatively time consuming install. I base this on a 6 point I installed in my '03 Cobra. That was significant work.

576 said:
Overall an easy, yet relatively time consuming install. I base this on a 6 point I installed in my '03 Cobra. That was significant work.
Thanks. I have a three day weekend next weekend and can use all of that time if needed. My plan is to have the bar installed on Sat, trim and reinstall and the panels and install the WR RSD kit on Sun. I can run into Monday if needed.

Tulsa, OK

Switched out front brake pads, bled fluid, installed my homemade oil catchcan/breather, and setup up my new gopro rollbar mount. Ready to rock and roll at TWS this weekend.

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada

ebymubeh.jpg

Paxton Novi 2200 installed at Billet Pro Shop in Montreal. Shaun booked to tune on April 3rd!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

steveespo said:
Let us know how you do it. Also I plan on installing a horn button somewhere, if you have any ideas post them up.
Steve

Plan on using the Sparco buttons mounted behind the wheel. Have to figure out the wiring to allow the wheel to be fully removed, but have an idea. Will post pics next weekend assuming all goes to plan.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

steveespo said:
Got another step closer to Arizona today. Swapped out my bus driver steering wheel for a real racer's wheel.

Steve

Looking good, man! What's next?

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !

Got my Ford Racing SVT performance cooling fan delivered to the house. Ordered with 2012 Boss 302s grill.
Waiting on a few other parts then into the shop for a once over for the summer driving season.

Installed an aluminum 1 piece ds, Uca, frpp lca and phb, t springs, mm cc plates, redline hood struts, swapped the Peterson oil breather can for a Jlt passenger separator, and finally put in the mgw. What's left is installing some trucarbon side mirror covers, hood vents, coolant reservoir cover, battery/master cylinder cover, fuse box cover, decklid, and the rtr plate surround. A sticky set of 305's and I'll be set for awhile

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

USNjocson said:
Installed an aluminum 1 piece ds, Uca, frpp lca and phb, t springs, mm cc plates, redline hood struts, swapped the Peterson oil breather can for a Jlt passenger separator, and finally put in the mgw. What's left is installing some trucarbon side mirror covers, hood vents, coolant reservoir cover, battery/master cylinder cover, fuse box cover, decklid, and the rtr plate surround. A sticky set of 305's and I'll be set for awhile

You did this all in one day? You must have been one busy boy!

Wash, clay bar, and wax with Adams Patriot Wax. Preppin' for Vegas:

Boss032914.jpg

All done in the garage as it rained all day! But beauty is not deterred by mere weather... ::)

Also installed the Moroso battery holder. All I'm waiting on is the Moroso brake fluid reservoir cover and I'll be done pimpin' out the engine compartment. Well, that and Kooks Super Street shorty headers...hopefully next weekend's update... 8)

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Removed Passenger Air Bag and inserted resistors to eliminate warning light.

Undo electrical connection and remove RH bolt:

IMG_0878Medium_zps5794bce8.png

Remove LH Bolt:

IMG_0879Medium_zps5ebea8ed.png

Release tabs on inside of trim panel and remove panel with air bag attached:

IMG_0881Medium_zpsbbe82ff6.png

Add 2.2 ohm resistors between pin #1 and #2 and pin #3 and #4:

IMG_0882Medium_zps3efdf7bc.jpg

Remove Air bag module from trim panel (the most difficult step -- you need to bend each of the tabs and stretch the plastic off one side) and replace trim.

Please forgive me if my question sounds lame. Is the space where your installing the resistors behind the glove box. Just trying to follow along.

TMO Supporting Vendors