The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Last night I finished the wiring for the updated (2013 version) VCT solenoids and this morning I fired her up without issue! :)

ArizonaBOSS said:
Last night I finished the wiring for the updated (2013 version) VCT solenoids and this morning I fired her up without issue! :)

Nice! Does it have a better connector with sturdy pins? I didn't know they were different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

PhilTaylor said:
Parked next to a Dodge Super Bee, one of the early 68-70 type.

Took a couple of photos, old muscle next to new muscle.

Thanks for sharing. It's a '70. Best year IMO for Super Bees.

Mounted a Blowfish tow hook today
2014_04040008.JPG

Hans

You guys (gals?) are killin' me! I'm still 1500 miles away from my Boss. :'(

Getting back with the Boss is the main reason I look forward to going back home.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Hans said:
Tested my new Garmin dashcam 20 :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91619790/VDO_0012.avi

Bought a winch for the trailer. Is that like swearing the day before an event that it's NOT going to rain ??? ;D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Mounted the LS Gauge pod with Fuel, battery volts and an oil temp for the trans gauges. Auto Meter Elite with the pretty colored warning lighting. Just like the real 21 car who qualified 7th for tomorrows race. Anyway, have to wire it all up tomorrow. Hope the yellow/violet wire is the right one to tap for the signal to the gas gauge.
Also got my lower grille from 06 mach1, looks fantastic, gonna pop that in tomorrow too.
Steve

Tried to have a good day by meeting some friends at a Toyota enthusiast meet, ended up getting a ticket on I-95 in VA. Since this is my first speeding ticket in the car after 2 years I guess you could say I went big.

I drove it for the first time this year! Like driving a new car all over again. Hope this is the end to a brutal winter...

Finally got my cats disconnected from the headers today and installed the cat delete pipes. I like the sound but, I think I may need to install the original cutout restrictor plates with the smaller holes or reinstall the QTP's. This thing roars when you get on the gas. The QTP's need be centered just right so the butterfly doesn't get stuck, thats why I installed the plates.

TMO Supporting Vendors