The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Buddies Boss said:
I let the corner carver carve corners. On the the way to Charlotte I ran "The Dragons Tail" from Tennessee to North Carolina. 9 miles 318 curves =smiles all around.
Reminded me of the "Road to Helen" on Maui, but better.

and straight into the tire shop ??? ;D

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

cloud9 said:
More info please! :) I don't see this on his site. Did you just drill a hole in the cover and bolt it in place? I assume that's a pressure meter on the back side. Do you have to use a mirror to read it or can is there room to read it looking straight down? Is that a valve stem for pressurizing on the back side of it?

I got it on ebay, it's not on his regular site. Yes, pressure meter on the back, valve stem on the front. Canister comes with 2 mounting bolts, which I had to shorten by 3/16" to get a good tight fit to the holes I drilled in the tray cover. Just open up the 2 clips and remove the cover to read the gauge.

This fixes the error message in the message center (TPMS sensor error), but I'm still getting the light -- believe that may be because I've not yet driven far enough to sync :) or the close proximity of the sensors in the cannister :( Time will tell, or maybe Steve could clarify...

Tulsa, OK

Had the car detailed after probably 8 months of no washing, lots of track days, a few offroad adventures, and a run-in with a Honda Fit. My detail guy spent 4 hours clay barring the car. I'm a bad owner... :-[

But she's all clean now and ready to hit Hallett next week!

20140416_190950_zpswmtix4z4.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

Easy way to tell if it needs clay barred after you wash your car but a sandwich Baggie on your hand and feel your paint. You will be surprised

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

I drove her (instead of walking) for the 50th, filled up the tank and apparently destroyed my 91+ octane sticker from trackey. I think some gas got on it and just dissolved the sticker. Anyone else had that happen?

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

haven't done anything yet... but hoping to meet my brother in his red and white12...
he is in town having MGW & trans bushing installed...
my MGW is sitting on the floor waiting for free time....

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

steveespo said:
Gave Jack Roush Jr a point by exiting the infield at Charlotte...........then drafted him down the backstretch at 147.9 mph ;D ;D ;D ;D. Videos to be posted Sunday.
Steve

heh, cool :)

Tulsa, OK

steveespo said:
Gave Jack Roush Jr a point by exiting the infield at Charlotte...........then drafted him down the backstretch at 147.9 mph ;D ;D ;D ;D. Videos to be posted Sunday.
Steve

too cool!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Black Boss said:
Fun indeed!

How are the oil temps doing Steve?
Oil temps at Charlotte, 67 degree ambient, max engine oil temp 237 deg. Max transmission oil temp during 20 minute session 217 degrees. Motul 300V racing oil 15w50' Ford Dual Clutch fluid in the trans with the XP-18 additive. Ran 7200 redline except for infield turn 4-5 which I carried 3rd gear to 7500 sometimes. Car felt good but I do have a intermittent high speed vibration that I believe is driveshaft related. Looks like I need a carbon fiber shaft to replace my 3+ season old Drive Shaft Shop aluminum.
Wwilde and the boys are having dinner and fun in Concord Mills now, I'm down in Charlotte with my girls so I have to miss it. We have rain tonight but hopefully it clears out tomorrow morning.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Hans said:
The first trackday for me with the Boss today at Salzburgring/ Austria: :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbyD3m0J6iE&feature=youtu.be

What a beautiful track with outstanding scenery ! Maybe some day ;D

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors