The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Hans that's an awesome looking track.

Yesterday I'm driving through Death Valley on my way home from the 50th celebration in Vegas and made a couple of stops. For those that don't know Death Valley is a very popular destination for Europeans because it's so hot. Twice when I got back into my Boss there were Europeans snapping photos of it. I'm sure Bosses are rare in Europe and a pretty rare sighting in Death Valley too.

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada
Picked up my 2012 from the speed shop

First a HUGE shout out to Shaun at AED for putting up with us on long long day of tuning, tune was done on a Mustang Dyno so Dyno Jet numbers would have been higher. Novi 2200 Kit installed!! I'm in love

photo43_zpse0c2d8ed.jpg
photo53_zpsac7a263b.jpg
photo42_zps6063b1fa.jpg
photo21_zps590b9226.jpg
photo34_zpsaf63e2ae.jpg
photo22_zps85303d0b.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
Hans that's an awesome looking track.

Yesterday I'm driving through Death Valley on my way home from the 50th celebration in Vegas and made a couple of stops. For those that don't know Death Valley is a very popular destination for Europeans because it's so hot. Twice when I got back into my Boss there were Europeans snapping photos of it. I'm sure Bosses are rare in Europe and a pretty rare sighting in Death Valley too.

138.jpg

The career of Michael Schumacher startet here . End of 1988, Willi Weber became interested in the search for young talents to Michael Schumacher: With a Formula Ford race at the rainy Salzburg Ring Michael raced within one round from seventh to first place forward. Willi Weber has given Michael a contract.

Bosses are very rare in Germany, but you can see more and more Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers. Some people are tired from BMW, Audi and Mercedes, and for many people the german cars are much too expensive in the meantime!

After a long crappy and cold winter here in Maryland, moving into our new house and a lot of hours at work I have finally gotten around to putting on the Airaid CAI and TB that's been boxed up. Can say that there was a noticeable difference from the stock parts. Now that we're settled, more parts will be coming in and hope to be off to the track in the late spring to break them al in!

I didn't do this today but I had my car dyno'd at 50th birthday by ProDyno and I'm glad I did. After all the modding I've done like Kook's headers, O/R h-pipe, FRPP TB, Airraid CIA " venture in" on a stock tune, I found out I've been running lean, 15-16 afr. Not good. My first dyno run was stopped early, because of that and trackey run wasn't going to happen. After thinking about it for 2sec I decide to have it tuned for 91oct, Dan did a nice job, car feels much better then on the stock tune, smoother in 1st at low rpm, it takes off like a bat out of hell too. I just wanted to post this up for anyone that has these mods and are running the stock tune, have it check or log it yourself.

Dynotune_zpsac7a7bef.jpg

is there a tool you can purchase to check A/F. I thought the computer adjusted the A/F. Guess I'm wrong. I have done cat delete and Steeda CAI with a 93octane tune & to turn off the O2 sensors by Steeda.
Should I be OK
By the way... what is the correct A/F numbers for our cars.

Around 12.5 from what I understand. I may be wrong, but thats what I've seen on all the dyno sheets I've seen.

SVO WOODY said:
First a HUGE shout out to Shaun at AED for putting up with us on long long day of tuning, tune was done on a Mustang Dyno so Dyno Jet numbers would have been higher. Novi 2200 Kit installed!! I'm in love

photo43_zpse0c2d8ed.jpg
photo53_zpsac7a263b.jpg
photo42_zps6063b1fa.jpg
photo21_zps590b9226.jpg
photo34_zpsaf63e2ae.jpg
photo22_zps85303d0b.jpg

If you take her on road course, plan to sort out her PCV system quick. Blowby gets pretty bad if you stay in the boost for extended periods.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

buland said:
finished the head unit change. incredible improvement of sound also without a subwoofer or an amp.

preparing the harness

P1010492_zps844a1b66.jpg

P1010493_zps46a35e8d.jpg

P1010496_zps743c92b8.jpg
Prepare the metra dash kit

P1010494_zps910514e9.jpg

P1010495_zps4e510bdf.jpg

install the mic from the handsfree phone call

P1010498_zps1604a4ea.jpg

P1010499_zps91f8ac91.jpg

remove the stock head unit

P1010502_zpsb378fac0.jpg

P1010503_zpsee633f8f.jpg

P1010505_zpsfa6bae0e.jpg

P1010506_zps07a3997f.jpg

install the new head unit

P1010512_zpsbb14d10e.jpg

P1010513_zps9a0ece57.jpg

P1010514_zpsc02f4b9c.jpg

P1010515_zps2e057fe9.jpg

P1010518_zpsab9c7c2c.jpg

P1010516_zps511b85f3.jpg

change the display color to ghig ;-)

P1010521_zps9a6475b6.jpg

P1010519_zps4e943d90.jpg

install the one touch turn signal module

P1010497_zps9caba52b.jpg

washed an detailed the beauty

P1010530_zpsc8169d74.jpg

P1010529_zps472d8e4d.jpg

P1010528_zps6844e606.jpg

buland, Thank you for the write up! This helped me make a choice on which way to go. Looks great! Can't wait to get mine done.

Finally forced myself to not go into the office and had a therapy day working on my Boss. Two coats of Z2, one coat of Z5,two coats of Z6, detailed the interior and engine bay and finally removed the tapeworm sound tube. Ready to go check out the Cabella's weekly car show...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Mainly I spent the weekend replacing the injector O-Rings on my 7.3L diesel...not particularly fun but the job is done and the truck runs great again.

I had enough time left over to install my Winding Road Racing contingency decals on the BOSS :)

Busy day on the Boss today - s/b final tweaks before track day at Thunderhill in a couple weeks - and a pic!

Installed the rear FRP studs - when I finished up and went to the front was kinda surprised to find the Gorilla lugs nuts on the loose side on the stock rims - could be a cone angle not seating but just funky regardless - know to keep an eye on'em though.

Bled the brakes with some of the Pagid hi-end fluid, first time for this car I'm sure. Fair amount of air in the left rear and right front, but wow what a difference after! Turkey baster and Motive pressure pot worked like a charm.

Pagid RST2's in the front and some Hard Brakes Ti backing plates, that and fresh fluid = this thing has some great brakes imo! Blow my S4 away really.

Put my 18" Enkie PF01's on with the BRG Rivals - offset was spot on and caliper clearance is great really - if these were 19's they wouldn't look too bad - the wheel gap is pretty harsh. Had to go with the Rivals - wanted the Nitto's but DiscountTire said the 305/285 were going to be 60+ days out- went with 295/275 and everything clears fine- treadwear rating 's pretty high (200) but I've read quite a few good comments for the track about these so anxious to see how they feel at "Speed".

A big shout out Pete at Trackday Solutions, gave me some great advice and swinging deals too - great to have a parts guy who has your car!

Also the wheels came from Out Performance out of Texas, NFSBOSS gave me the lead on them and I worked with Dan Oliver there - good, knowledgeable and I couldn't have gotten a better deal. Wheels came with steel stems, center caps and an extra deep high quality socket as well- nice surprise really.

Here's a pic with the wheels - ready to rock!
20140427_170257.jpg

Dave, those wheels look fantastic on your car and all of our vendors are very knowledgeable about Boss 302's and GT 5.0's. I was bummed about the NT01's as well and ordered NT555R II's last week and they should arrive next week. Will you be at Sonoma on May 24th?

I think Dan from OutPerformance and I have worked out the final details on the group buy for the custom offset Enkei wheels and I hope to announce that later this week so stay tuned.

Put some identification on the rear since that's what most other drivers see. ;)

DSCN3999_zps7ea768d2.jpg

Thanks to GOT SVT for the inspiration!

TMO Supporting Vendors