The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Thanks Patrick.
It's a Tilton but it look exactly like your Wilwood, they must use the same molds to make them. I will change the clamp to a band type before I finish the install.
I have to measure my F150 reservoir today to see if the port are the same for the master cylinder. It is larger than the Mustang pot.
Steve

Cobrarob said:
Lookin good Andy
Thanks all for the complements! Yeah, pretty happy with how the SVT's and Michellins look and feel.

Thanks again to Rick for selling me the SVT's and Cobrarob the front PSS's!

Installed KOOKS side pipes!

Mods so far I have done:
Ford Racing BOSS 302 Specific Lowering Springs, w/Bump Stops (35mm RR, 15mm Frt.)
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Brake Duct Cooling Kit
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Front Splitter
Ford Racing Laguna Transmission Cooling Scoop
Ford Racing BOSS 302S Front Grill
Ford Racing BOSS 302S ARP 3” Wheel Studs & Lugs
Ford Racing Finned Differential Cover w/fill, drain & vent (Not Installed)
Ford Racing Track-Key Programming (Red Key)
BMR Upper Control Arm and Mounting Bracket
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
STEEDA Front G-Track Brace
STEEDA Adjustable Panhard Bar
STEEDA Panhard Bar Brace
Cool Tech LLC Roll Bar & Rear Shock Tower Brace and optional Diagonal Bar
Cool Tech LLC 6-Point Harnesses
JLT Oil Separators
Allstar Performance Rear Differential Catch Can & Breather
Silver Horse Racing Black Billet door handles, lock cups, mirror knob.

Enjoyed My Boss while taking it out for a drive with the Blowfish proto type shifting part. It bothered me every time i dorve my Boss about the way it shifted. But never gave up hope.
Hope has arrived by the name of [size=14pt]Blowfish Racing[/size]......Stay tuned!

steveespo said:
Mounted clutch reservoir. Need to get either Automatic brake reservoir, F150 larger reservoir if the port spacing is the same or plug the stocker.
photo19_zpsb5bc6cc3.jpg
photo29_zps0ad65515.jpg

Steve

What does adding the clutch reservoir do for you?

Black Boss said:
Put a sheet of Nomex in front of the radiator, and sealed of the gap created by removing the A/C condenser using Aluminum.

More details on sealing the gap here: https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7827.msg117929#msg117929

IMG_1188Medium_zps2de013ec.png

If you don't mind me asking, what is the Nomex for?

Sean said:
What does adding the clutch reservoir do for you?

If you don't mind me asking, what is the Nomex for?

Clutch reservoir just separates the brake fluid and hydraulic clutch fluid. The nomex protects the radiator from debris that can bend the fins. A bent fin won't work.

Today I did some AutoX at a Mustang event done by SmokinStangs. Had first place in stock class for the first session and then someone got me in the second session. Bested my time by a few tenths. The instructors seemed surprised some of us were as fast as them in their miatae :) I found that when I was starting to plow I could give her some throttle and she rotated very nicely. Getting a little bit of over-steer felt great, like I was pivoting right around the cones.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

boss man said:
Enjoyed My Boss while taking it out for a drive with the Blowfish proto type shifting part. It bothered me every time i dorve my Boss about the way it shifted. But never gave up hope.
Hope has arrived by the name of [size=14pt]Blowfish Racing[/size]......Stay tuned!

You guys...lol.

His brake duct kit is very nice.

I installed the new piece that Steve made to beta, will be posting my impressions in his thread.

Installed my Blowfish Racing brake duct kit...finally! Probably still needs some adjusting to reduce the possibility of tire rubbing, so I added some duct tape protection...
Boss302brakeductSF.jpg

Fiddler49 said:
Installed my Blowfish Racing brake duct kit...finally! Probably still needs some adjusting to reduce the possibility of tire rubbing, so I added some duct tape protection...
Boss302brakeductSF.jpg

^ Nice...I like the touch.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !

Had a bunch of parts that collected over the winter and spring installed
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152491537805568.1073741930.204217375567&type=1

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Very nice. I would like to know if the fan made any difference.
You and me both. I've only had a few days where I ran hot but a couple of weeks ago I ran in 107 temps but didn't overheat when I shifted at 7,000.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Very nice. I would like to know if the fan made any difference.

Thanks, I do not have gauges yet. They are on the list. So I will not have any real data. But I think with the grill and the fan it has to help. I'm all over the cooling issues here and feel the radiator and oil cooler that came with the car could use improving for those that track their cars hard. Those two items are on my radar scope. Check out the cooling mods thread in the technical forum. We now have Gary the owner of Fluidyne on the forum in that thread and will be discussing the Boss cooling issues with him.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Got the separate clutch reservoir hooked up and changed master cylinder reservoir to Auto trans type (no plugs to worry about)
Also replumbed the fuel line under the hood with AN-8 and installed a gauge sensor for fuel pressure. Will be doing the gauge later this week.
photo110_zpsb266481a.jpg
photo210_zps64266ce0.jpg
Steve

NFSBOSS said:
You and me both. I've only had a few days where I ran hot but a couple of weeks ago I ran in 107 temps but didn't overheat when I shifted at 7,000.
+1
I had overheat yesterday at the track 85F and 90% humidity.
Did order a Saleen grille but I'm on the fence for the fan.

TMO Supporting Vendors