The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Sean said:
Wow! That would be a long wait! Hopefully you would be able to take it down to SoCal for some fun. Do they salt the roads in the winter where you are?
No salt on the roads here in the Sacramento area. In fact for the past four years there hasn't been any rain either. :p

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

I bought her a 24 foot enclosed race trailer A/C, Wheel overs, Aluminum interior, winch, cabinets, wedge front etc. On sale in Indy. Nice enough to live out of at the track.

I guess I should look for a present for my wife..... ???

TMSBOSS said:
I bought her a 24 foot enclosed race trailer A/C, Wheel overs, Aluminum interior, winch, cabinets, wedge front etc. On sale in Indy. Nice enough to live out of at the track.

I guess I should look for a present for my wife..... ???

Pictures please.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

F.D. Sako said:
Tracy, stop buying stuff online while overseas. You're going to get in trouble! ;D

Sarkis

You have met my bride and I. And you know that I am fully in charge....until she says I am not. LOL.

I received Executive approval for the trailer. Great deal. One year old and $11k under list.

And yes, she does remind me the internet is not my friend.

Got the oil changed. It is still under warranty so I had the local ford dealer do it. Eight quarts filled it. It used 1 pint in 3800 miles. Used 5-50. Cost a lot. You know you are in trouble when your car is written on bottle of oil.It is worth every penny it puts a smile on my face every time I drive It. Planning a dyno run next month.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

Man, wish I could be there...I should have gone to that instead of COTA. I wasn't all that impressed with COTA anyway. It's a safe track with great facilities but not very technical. Glad I did it but for the price I don't think I'll be there again.

That's awesome. I almost went, but with my car suffering from limp mode as often as it is, it doesn't make sense to pay for track time at the expensive venues.

Good luck, you'll enjoy it. Post videos/lap times afterwards.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Flyboygsxr said:
Man, wish I could be there...I should have gone to that instead of COTA. I wasn't all that impressed with COTA anyway. It's a safe track with great facilities but not very technical. Glad I did it but for the price I don't think I'll be there again.

That's disappointing to hear, I'm assuming it was a fast track though? One of the Phoenix based clubs is going there in the spring and it's over twice the cost of doing any local tracks. Sounds like I shouldn't waste my time (10 hour drive) and money on it.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Filled my baby up with Sunoco Ultra 93 @$1.98 gallon. It's a great time to own a car that uses premium and doesn't get the best mileage! Beautiful weekend ahead with C&C Sunday morning. Turn the Boss loose! 8)

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14

Fomoco302 said:
Only about $200,000 difference :eek:

I believe he was referring to the Z06 oil issue at the track, given the propensity for both early (C5) and late (C7) Z06'i to consume oil which could be a problem at the track:
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-z06-discussion/1899283-early-z06-oil-problems.html
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/08/21/chevrolet-finds-cause-and-solution-for-corvette-z06-engine-problem/

My C5 02 Electron Blue Z06 never exhibited this problem but back in the day I heard all about it. And was quite surprised to hear C7's continued the tradition.

Dollars to donuts that's what was intended and not a mis-identification of that gorgeous Ferrari...just sayin.

Just went out for a little ride this morning to try the track key, went into the active mode when it warmed up as advertised. Noticeable change in idle sound. Didn't push it though as its been pretty cool here in the mornings (40's) so those P Zero's really are just summer rated tires. Even with about 1/2 throttle squeeze they break free. Tires still look ok but looking ahead I didn't see a lot of selection of tires in the 285 size. Any suggestions?

k98dave said:
Just went out for a little ride this morning to try the track key, went into the active mode when it warmed up as advertised. Noticeable change in idle sound. Didn't push it though as its been pretty cool here in the mornings (40's) so those P Zero's really are just summer rated tires. Even with about 1/2 throttle squeeze they break free. Tires still look ok but looking ahead I didn't see a lot of selection of tires in the 285 size. Any suggestions?
Spend the money and get Michelin PSS tires.

VooDooBOSS said:
Spend the money and get Michelin PSS tires.
Looks like the Michelins are actually less than the P zeros at Tire Rack. (1,252.30 a set -vs- 1,443.24) I'm sure when I actually need tires I'll still shop better price on them. Thanks for the info.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel