The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Try this honeycomb on your grill. It does a nice job protecting it, but still allows airflow.
Cut it to fit under the rubber flaps on the sides, and down to the plastic pan on the bottom, and thats all it needs to be held in place. Remove radiator cover and slide it down.
I've got it on my oil cooler too.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Honeycomb-Radiator-Protector-19-x-26-Inch,3545.html
Enjoy the Roundup.

drano38

Wayne
Took the Boss to a local car show today and picked up 3rd place for the 64 1/2 to new Mustang class. Only 7 of us in the class. Don't know what they look for when judging, but my Boss was not the cleanest car of the class. Last weekend's 3 days at Motorsport Park Hastings still had some tire boogers on it, and I don't keep all the nooks and crannies clean either. Maybe the uniqueness of the Boss draws their attention. Or it was the roll bar/harness/helmet/well scrubbed tires as proof this Boss is used for its intended purpose.
Lots of people spent extra time looking/taking pics compared to other cars. If it hadn't been 93 degrees and full sun, I would have spent more time at the car.
I parked beside a Shelby GT. The owner's dad purchased a Boss identical to mine a couple months after I got mine. The dad passed away from pancreatic cancer last fall. That Shelby won the class for the second year in a row. Nice memory of his dad.
At any rate, the show had dry weather for the first time in several years, so the heat and no mud was welcomed.

Shaun12 said:
Tri-Bar

curious where you got your remote setup from?

Pontiac GTO clutch fluid reservoir Part # 92065790 $16.00 ebay
Automatic Transmission reservoir Part # 9R3Z-2K478-B $50.00 local ford dealer.
Made the black bracket out of 1/8th ABS plastic that I bent, shaped and drilled.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Tri-bar said:
Pontiac GTO clutch fluid reservoir Part # 92065790 $16.00 ebay
Automatic Transmission reservoir Part # 9R3Z-2K478-B $50.00 local ford dealer.
Made the black bracket out of 1/8th ABS plastic that I bent, shaped and drilled.

Aaaack! GM parts on a BOSS! ;D

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Probably a recall....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Laid out the parts for my torque arm/watts link install today. Tomorrow the car gets tore up. Again. LOL.

I had the air bag recall done. My dealer ordered the parts by vin number about 10 days ago. It took about 30 min to do. I go to a small dealer and the service manager and I were next door neighbors when we were growing up. They take really good care of my car and truck.

k98dave said:
Installed GT 500 rear rotors using Cales's brackets. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1047921-FS-14-quot-brake-caliper-adapter-brackets

1 hr job.

What did you go with for rotors?

Looks much better doesn't it?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel