The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
GB899 said:
all I got to do with my Boss today was dream about the future...
picked it up from the dealer 4 years ago today... happy birthday...
now I am in the middle of post cancer operation chemo treatments...
And can not drive again until late August because of a med induced seizure...
at least I am still alive and this is only temporary...
heres is to better BOSS days ahead... cheers

And, here is to Better GB899 Days Ahead.

Keep the faith, my Boss Brother.
Dave

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Good luck and stay positive, that's a big part of the battle.
It's truly sad that we are still losing so many people to cancer when our government wastes so much money on BS and gives away billions to the UN and countries that hate us. If only we'd spend that money on medical research.

How would you adjust pinion angle with the torque arm if you changed your right height?

@GB899 You only have a couple more weeks left, I know the feeling of counting down the weeks until you can drive your Boss again and it is a hard thing to do especially when you are so close. Best of luck with the rest of the chemo treatments, hopefully they won't be too draining.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
so far I have been "lucky" - chemo wipes me out only for about 3 days every other week... not a bad trade for a healthy outcome... chemo will wrap up labor day weekend... then mid October I will have my Ileostomy reversed... that is a small intestine bypass to the outside of my belly... kind of icky... but does not hurt...
I am back working part time which helps with the sanity... if this is what retirement is like... not sure if I can handle retirement... but not driving the Boss is a tough part... having everyone else worry is the worst part... This is only temporary... hope to see some of you in September in Hastings Nebraska... it is a great event...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Good thoughts to you brother.

Best of luck friend....when you get back in the saddle, don't be fooled about how easy the MGW R spec install is.
I spent 5 hours wrestling with that thing. Didn't help i had to remove the BF bracket i had and then figure out how to drop the transmission (that was a first for me).

The video of the install was helpful, but actual instructions of a unit not on a bench would be better. Also just so happened to get the "new" compact designed unit, which kind of complicated the install. I also have some left over parts from the install as well, haha. I'm sure thats not normal.

All in all, i took it out for some unrelenting high RPM rips and it feels awesome. Much more solid then the stock shifter and bf bracket. Now time to go track it again.

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Sean said:
How would you adjust pinion angle with the torque arm if you changed your right height?

IIRC, In a Torque Arm setup, the TA would replace the rear differential housing upper control arm and sets the pinion angle to spec with its installation.

302 Hi Pro

Installed Weather Tech front floor mats. I thought I would give my original ones a rest. As always with Weather Tech perfect fit and great quality. I also have the BFR fire extinguisher bracket and they fit with no interference. Of course I had to test drive it.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Washed. Adams paint correction and finishing polish. And waxed. Took most of the day and didn't even get to the inside. The better half asked why the rotors were rusty looking. Took her for a short spin and asked "What rust?"

2012%20Boss%20302%201265_zpstd4yn9lc.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Tyme:

Nice Job, she looks absolutely sinister! "Sweet Lorraine" looks showroom ready.

Now, when are you going to detail the Wifie's Explorer?

Hahahaha, I get that everytime from my Wifie after I finish detailing Miss Kona.

Wax on, Wax off,
302 Hi Pro

TymeSlayer said:
Washed. Adams paint correction and finishing polish. And waxed. Took most of the day and didn't even get to the inside. The better half asked why the rotors were rusty looking. Took her for a short spin and asked "What rust?"

2012%20Boss%20302%201265_zpstd4yn9lc.jpg
i see your running a front plate now. is that the factory plate bracket?
how does that work out with your tow hook?
I been pressing my luck here in jersey.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
superhero said:
i see your running a front plate now. is that the factory plate bracket?
how does that work out with your tow hook?

It's the Craig no drill bracket and it does not interfere with my Blowfish Racing front tow hook. I never remove the tow hook although the end does disconnect with clevis and cotter pins. I remove the plate on the track but leave the bracket and have also driven home without the plate on.

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
superhero said:

Yes, that makes two of us pressing our luck in Jersey. Stopped twice for license plate infractions, one for no front plate, and one for my rear license plate frame that obstructed the lower half of the "New Jersey" letters on the bottom of the plate.

Fortunately, no tickets yet.
302 Hi Pro

PS: Let me know next time you plan a trip to NJMP, Englishtown or Atco, it's nice to have have Fellow Boss owners at track events. All the Best, 2HP

Swapped out my Boss 302s street grill for my Saleen track grill. Almost done with my track day setup. Waiting on rear pads and rotors to show up then off to the track, Sonoma here I come. Speed Ventures July 17th.

Tri-bar said:
Swapped out my Boss 302s street grill for my Saleen track grill. Almost done with my track day setup. Waiting on rear pads and rotors to show up then off to the track, Sonoma here I come. Speed Ventures July 17th.
I was looking at that date but I'm not going to make it. Are you going to join us on August 25th with HOD at Sonoma?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10464.0

VoodooBOSS said:
I was looking at that date but I'm not going to make it. Are you going to join us on August 25th with HOD at Sonoma?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10464.0

I am thinking about it for sure.. will have to sing up soon..

302BOB said:
I've been driving in Ct with no front plate for almost 5yrs now. I have had the no hole bracket since yr 1 but as far as it got is behind my front seat. I'm counting my blessings also.

My car also has no front plate in CT. A cop looked at it once saw no holes and didn't say anything. It does give "them" an excuse to pull you over though.

TMO Supporting Vendors